Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Carb Wedges???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k5 krawler 50, May 20, 2005.

1. k5 krawler 50

k5 krawler 50 1/2 ton status

I was looking through my old petersons mag(dec 2003) and there is a sweet 85 pick up in there that was grey. I was reading through the article and it said that the guy was running a 7 degree wedge under his carb so he could run it at extreme angles. Now, my questions are, has any one else tried this and does it work well? Also would you want the carb to be angled down in the front or angled up in the front? Any one think that this might actually work? Thanks for the imput.
    Cory

2. 74757685k5

74757685k5 1/2 ton status

down would suck. like backing up a hill

3. k5 krawler 50

k5 krawler 50 1/2 ton status

Oh, well i've never heard of a angled carb spacer before, but i wonder what the pros and cons of running one would be? I wonder if it would effect a daily driver, and if it could actually be one step closer to a cheap F.I. set up?

4. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

they where probably marine spacers.. almost all gas V-8 applications in boats run a wedge spacer to level the carb off due to the angle of the block... i've got 1/2 dozen floating around the shop..

not sure how that would work in an automotive app, help in one way, hurt in others...