Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

carb? which one?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CAROLINAK5, Nov 16, 2001.

1. CAROLINAK5

CAROLINAK5 1/2 ton status

ok people.....which carb do i get? i want to have good response on the road and off. i'm tired of stalling when i accelerate hard(under a load) and having to constanly adjust stuff.
    i can't afford fuel injection right now. how about the edelbrock q-jet? peterson's 4x4 mag. ranked it high.
    i'm currently using a rebuilt q-jet that i don't believe is worth a crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when all else fails..............HIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![​IMG]

2. 79k20

79k20 1/2 ton status

I would go with a edelbrock Q-jet. I have a edelbrock performer and have had nothing but trouble with it offroad. It runs great on the street. I will soon swap to a Q-jet.

<font color=red>Sean<font color=red>

[​IMG]<font color=red>79 k20(duh) d44, 14bolt, built 350,350,np203,9"lift</font color=red>[​IMG]

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Yuo might also want to check out the Jet Performance Q-jets. here's the link:http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Thunders-Blaze
    <font color=blue>NEVADA: Where the pavement ends, and the West begins.</font color=blue>

4. slider

slider 1/2 ton status

Jet carbs are probley the best for the money. They custom tailor it to your motor. If you have a stocker or near stock a stage 1 will be best for you. If you have a cam, headers different heads then they will build you a stage 2. Summit sells them for about 20 bucks less and you do not pay shipping. Call Jet and find out which one you need then order it from summit

5. Slayer

Slayer 1/2 ton status

Eastern Colorado, jokingly referred to as Western
    My Holley 750cfm 4-barrel is absolutely the best. I bought it from a guy that builds hill-climb racing trucks, so he fooled around with the carb and set it up so that it never scavenges fuel and coughs, or sputters, nothing. I run it using the stock GM Performance intake manifold which is designed to accept a Holley carb. Plus Holley carbs are relatively cheap, there are lots of them out there, and the smaller ones work really good off-road and on the street. If it were my choice, I would have bought a 670cfm carb, but got a smoking deal on the 750, which actually is a bit too big for high altitude running. Of course passing emissions inspections is a real hassle, but then I have another guy that tweaks and de-tunes the carb so that it passes, and then sets it back up the right way. Also, I had a Holley 670 ProJection TBI injection system and had to mess with it EVERY day, it constantly bogges down, backfired, spit and stalled. Couldn't find anyone in Colorado that would even swap me a damn BigMac for it, so I sent it to Minnesota, and it sold in 3 days. Also, my tuner shower me a closet FULL of Edelbrock carbs which people couldn't get set up right, anlong with a stack of their intake manifolds, so I therefore stay away for all Edelbrock products. Good luck finding the right carb. L8r, Slayer

I don't know everything, I just think that I do.............

6. 1975k5

1975k5 Registered Member

I have a Carter AFB Comp Series and I love it. I read that the Q-Jet is the best thing since soft butter, but I have had ZERO trouble with mine and if I were to replace it with anything, it would be another AFB or the Road Demon.

Tom

7. I have heard that Demon carbs are good, but I can't remember the name of the manufacturer. I think Desert Dueler knows.

God has a hard on for Marines, because we keep Heaven chock full of fresh souls!