Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Carb?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kombi59, Jan 11, 2004.

1. kombi59

kombi59 1/2 ton status

Anyone have any suggestions for carbs at angles? mine floods would an adjustable fuel pressure regulator help? maybe run low pressure for the steeps? thanks chad. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

what kind of carburetor? im betting its a holley..

3. kombi59

kombi59 1/2 ton status

edelbrock 650

4. kombi59

kombi59 1/2 ton status

I've heard extending the vents will help also but how would you do that? with rubber hose?

5. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

edelbrock makes an offroad needle and seat package for their carbs.. its less than 20$ IIRC.. check out jegs.com

that is supposed to help a lot..
    i run a holley pos right now and it does ok.. ill be going QUADRAJET though, they are pretty good for off camber, especially for a stock carb..

6. kombi59

kombi59 1/2 ton status

thanks I'll try that /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif> /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

7. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

edelbrocks are not known to be great carbs for angle. You can add the offroad needles and seats and extend the vent tubes to help out, but from what I understand there design doesn't promote running at angles.

The Holley Truck Avenger and the Qjet are the only 2 carbs I know of that run well at angle.

8. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

Ive got an edelbrock q-jet that Im selling, those are supposed to be good carbs for angles. its the 1910 model q-jet that flows 850 cfm, if you are interested PM me

9. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

quadrajet is the way to go /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Anyone have any suggestions for carbs at angles? mine floods would an adjustable fuel pressure regulator help? maybe run low pressure for the steeps? thanks chad. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Edelbrocks suck for angles. See the badlands video if you don't believe me. Mine is horrible.

The carb for angles is called TBI. It can be found cheaper than a new Q jet. It's some work to install it, but it's worth it.

11. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I have tryed to modify Edl /AFB carbs for off road. They will run better off road with the spring loaded seats dropping the float level and extention tubes. Even after modd them Every one I had always flooded out going up steep long hills.
    I have also modded Holleys for off road but I could never make them run as good as a properly tuned Q- Jet off road.
    Q-jet is the only carb I like for 4x4s. I even have put them on Fords
    The only thing better than a Q-jet is fuel injection.