Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Carbeurator question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chrskrngl, Oct 13, 2005.

1. chrskrngl

chrskrngl Registered Member

Just picked up my 1979 K5 Blazer last weekend. When I was talking to the guy about it, he had told me that it is a v8 350 5.7l 4bbl. I verified all of this via the vin number, but he also said that he converted the 4 barrel carb to a 2 barrel to get better gas mileage and save some money. He said that if I wanted some more power (which who doesn't) to just hook up the other 2 barrels, that is where you guys come in. Where could he possibly have disconnected it and how to I reconnect it? Thanks

2. rcamacho

rcamacho 1/2 ton status

What kind of Carb

What kind of carburetor is it? Q-jet/Carter/Holley?
    There are many ways of disabling a vacuum secondary 4bbl or adapting a 2 bbl with an adapter.

:confused:

3. chrskrngl

not sure what type it is, i just did some minor stuff to it last night and forgot to get the number from the carb to check it out

4. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

I would assume that he pulled the link that goes between the primary and secondary throttle shafts off the original Q-Jet. This is really a stupid mod since it is really easy to stay out of the secondaries just by the way you drive.

5. chrskrngl

the link that your talking about, should i just be looking for a loose wire somewhere hanging near the carb and see if it plugs into something? i have a haynes service manual for it but i wasn't able to point out anything that he might have done.