Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Carbon Fiber Drive shafts

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bangin_my_k5, Feb 5, 2001.

1. bangin_my_k5

bangin_my_k5 Registered Member

Has anyone ever used them. is the cost worth it. My friend has one on his Rustang but he's running 600hp at the wheels. He tried to brake it but dropping the transbrake at 7000 rpm and it was still in tack. Would any one use them if they were cheaper!

break em if you can

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

They have incredible torsional strength and are unbeleivebly lightweight. Just don't drag one across a rock while you're out 4-wheeling. They don't like that kind of abuse. [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com>http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com</A>

3. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

i used to have one in my 94 z-28 and my friend has one in his 95 z-28,,,,they are feather lite and will withstand anything you can imagine,,,,,,,BUT,,,,,,,,,could you imagine what a rock or a tree would do to one of theses thing's!!!
    i think if you hit something with it,,it would snap like a twig,,,at least a steel shaft will get ya home if it's bent but dropping $500 or so every time ya hit a rock could get expensive after the first one [​IMG]
    don't think it is such a good idea in an offroad vehicle..
    just my .02

ANYBODY LOSE THEIR JEEP????????[​IMG]
    I JUST FOUND ONE UNDER MY BLAZER!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]