Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Carborator settings?...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 86blazerk5, Feb 24, 2002.

1. 86blazerk5

86blazerk5 1/2 ton status

Aug 9, 2000
    Hey guys, I have a question about my carb. I bought and installed and Edlebrock 1904. It has the electric choke and all. Anyway, it is not even a year old. when I got it, I had my neibor tune it for me, he is a machanic. Anyways, i guess its out of tune now becuase it idles too high a lot, and when I shut it down it sometimes diesels. Plus it keeps doing this thing where the throttle gets stuck, I will let off the gas and it will continue to acellerate until I hit the brake hard. Anyway, I will probably just have my neighbor retuneit for me, but until I get the chance, can anyone tell me how I could fix these problems, or what might be wrong with it. Thanks in advance.

Spreading The K5 Gospel!
  2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Jul 23, 2000
    Most Q-jets stay in tune pretty well. I would suspect that the linkages are probably a little gummy and the return spring may be a little weak. Buy some spray carb cleaner and go over all the moving parts. Check the spring tension too.

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>