Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

carbs?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Hank75, Nov 13, 2002.

1. Hank75

Hank75 Registered Member

what do you guys use for carbs. ones that work better than others on inclines. my edlebrock 1406 sucks i need a change. should i get another carb, get the off road float bowls, get a injection system? my truck 75 K5 350(stock) TH350 203 4:10 posi rear truetrac front 33x12.5 muds

2. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

I would suggest getting a good Quadrajet if you go with carb. Most everyone here swears by them, as long as their in good shape. They'll run on pretty extreme angles, good on bumps, and can be pretty powerful if tuned right.

The best option would be FI if you can afford it. The most common is probably TBI which is fairly easy to retrofit. Another option is to use a TPI setup off a 85-92(?) Camaro or Vette. This is a good system and will be the one I'm gonna convert to next summer.

Do a search and you will find lots of info.

3. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

I have an Edelbrock 1902 Q-jet. Works great at all angles. I have a friend who's going to order the new Holley Truck Avenger carb soon.