Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

carbs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5Redneck33, Apr 21, 2003.

1. K5Redneck33

K5Redneck33 Registered Member

has anybody ever used an edelbrock 600cfm on thier 350 and then decided to put back there stock quadrajet? i was thinking about doin it.. well i almost have to do it now anyway because soembody stole my edelbrock right off the the manifold.. but i was plannin on puttin the stock carb back on but was curious if anybody had done it before and noticed like more power gain or anythign from the stock quadrajet. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. georgiared84

georgiared84 1/2 ton status

Man, That was nice of them to remove it for you so you could put the right carb back on. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I imagine this post will be very bipolar! You've got people who like each. I was looking into edelbrock performers until I got a good reman quadrajet on one of my k5's with a new 350 and found out what real quadrajets are suppose to run like /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif My friend has a performer on his k10, and I wasn't very impressed. He even has the off road kit on it and I killed the engine twice bouncing it on trails. I prefer mine because I can lean the truck almost to the point of tipping over and not kill the engine.

3. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

How did someone manage to only steal your carb? You going to get both sides of the coin on this one. I have a friend who swears by quadrajets and me who has had extremely good luck with edelbrocks yet seen people run holley's without a single problem.

I just went from an OEM replacement Quadrajet made by Edelbrock to a 750 Edelbrock. I noticed a huge power increase, more stable idles, better mileage (not expecting it), and could adjust it. The oem carb was beyond adjustable and with the screws dialed all the way in it never ran any different and had a consistent vacumn leak around the base. But this is just my 2 cents being pitched in.

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i got a holley on my 350..and i think its a pos if i ever seen one! im looking into putting a q-jet on it. this thing i suspect has a small vacum leak we cant place..and its just flacky. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

5. 83PJW

83PJW 1/2 ton status

qjet is the way to go the floats never stick open as like a holley or eld. holleys starve on an incline, elds on a slope side to side. if its a street runner by all means go to some thing else but for a wheeler qjet is the sheeoot.

6. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

I am contemplating going from my Edelbrock 1406 back to a stock Qjet. I hate my 1406 on the trails. Always dying and crapping out, wont run in anything bouncy, and wont run @ an angle. I want one of the Edelbrock Qjets, but they are lots of $$

7. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i havnt had a chance to test my holley out on the trials but i bet it will suck big time. it does ok when everything is tuned right etc. on the streets but for offroading im expecting lots of trouble.