Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

carburated To Fuel Injection

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 78Blazer, Aug 21, 2000.

1. 78Blazer

78Blazer 1/2 ton status

What would I have to do to switch my carburated 400 sm block to a fuel injected small block??? I would be putting it in a 89 chevy truck that has all the fuel injected stuff on it now..

Scott
    78blazer

2. sosamantx

sosamantx 1/2 ton status

You didn't say what kind of motor you had with the fuel injection setup (350, 350)? I am assuming that it is one of these motors. I don't know all of the stuff, but from what I read, if it bolts up (it might depend on which heads that you have). You are probably going to have to change the fuel injectors to bigger ones, and have a new fuel curve mapped for the computer, and I am not sure about the fuel pump. Right off the top of my head I can't remember who programs chips (I think one is Jet Chip), but there are a lot more. I don't know if all of the computers can be recalibrated anyway. You might want to post your question here. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here. Anyways, it wouldn't hurt. http://www.sallee-chevrolet.com/Discus/board.html - Steve
    Fyi, I go here to read a lot about motor stuff.

Steve Sosa a.k.a. "sosaman"
    http://sosaman.home.texas.net/carpics.html

3. 78Blazer

78Blazer 1/2 ton status

It is a 350 in the truck rigtht now.

Scott
    78blazer

4. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

I run an aftermarket intake with a DSI and TPI very street worthy best part is if I change something like the cam I dont have to get a new chip just reprogram the one I have with a laptop. A 400 will need biger injector and you have to run a diffrent fuel pump. I can give you the info of what pumps fit the tank you have with a diffrent pickup and what the pickup come out of . Al the parts can be had from NAPA for the fuel pump, all stock parts. As for the ECM there are cheap way which arnt cheap and better ways then others.

I understand the jeep thing I drive a BLAZER!!

Ken

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

These guys do custom programing on chips and ECMs.They can probably help you
    fastchip.com

[​IMG]