Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

carburator question need help fast.!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 86badass, Mar 28, 2002.

1. 86badass

86badass Registered Member

hi people.

i have an 86 jimmy with an aftermarket 350. its an old motor with and eletronically controled carb.

well today my quadra-crap took its last breath, and i have this holley 650 manual carburator. MY QUESTION IS... can i convert to a manual carb with out upsetting anything. like the computer.

i undersatnd that i will have to reroute my fuel filter to goto the holley but will have have any trouble.??? any help would be apperciated.

so far i have purchased the intake adapter, and a rebuild kit just in case.

so can i put a manual carb on my 350 (which currently has a electronic quadra jet.

2. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I did the same thing..And I have a 86...You will probably have to take out the EGR valve it will hit the carb.. Also I had to change the dist.. It is computer controlled...Dan

3. 86badass

86badass Registered Member

how do i remove the EGR?

Are there any sites on this?

4. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

The EGR valve is right next to the Carb on the manifold.. It sets on the passenger side of the truck.. My carb (Edelbrock)(sp) Wouldn't fit with this on.. I just made a steel plate and drilled the holes the same size as the three and made a gasket for it... Bad side is...It won't pass smog...Dan

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I'd just fix the Q-jet, unless it melted, there isn't much that can't be easily fixed on them. My opinion, but it may save yo time, money, and aggravation in the future. Ditching the computer stuff won't make things any easier on you, it just changes the problems you'll have, and force you to learn new stuff, which isn't bad.