Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CARBURETOR

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Z3PR, Apr 1, 2002.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Is anyony using a "HOLLEY TRUCK AVENGER" carburetor ??? The ad in JEG'S claims it'll "Maintains idle at45 degree incline" "Designed for low end torque and power" "Improved fuel control over rough terrain". It is rated at 670 cfm. My Q-jet is shot. the auto shop said it's not worth rebuilding and recomends replacing. I've been told a Q-jet is better for off roading. Just wondering if anyone has tried the HOLLEY TRUCK AVENGER. ????????????

2. On my K20 the Q-Jet was shot and the shop it was at that my Dad took it to before the truck was mine sent it off to ... (whoever makes q-jets..drawing a blank) and they sent back a carb that looks and preforms just as good as a brnd new one. Heck maybe it is a new one. I love it, never floods out. I have heard about the Holley Truck Avenger, supposedly pretty good but I would ask someone who has personally used it. Later

3. burbBoy

burbBoy 1/2 ton status

What do they mean when they say its not worth rebuilding? Is the housing junk or what? Even if it was a junk housing Q-Jets are a dime a dozen. A rebuild kit runs about $30 and damn near anyone can rebuild one. I just finished my second one tonight. A couple cans of carb cleaner, the kit, and about an hour is all it takes.

Brian
    82 BURB 38.5's, 10/14 bolts, SM465/NP205

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I hear ya, I've rebuilt them myself. Problem right now is I live in a trail trash hell that doesn't alow us to work on our vichiles in the drive way. The manager is looking for a reson to kick me out. It cost me alitte over $5,000.00 to have my house moved here last summer, and i can't aford to move it again. I'll probley call around for a used Q-jet in good working order. Maybe the shop i went to was just trying to make a sell on a new carb.

5. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

Rochester makes the Q-jets but you probably got yours rebuilt at jet performance. I've heard good things about the new holley. I would still run a Q-jet though. I been more that 45 degree angle and still had a great idle with my Q-jet. This is a little off the subject, but I've heard that a TBI engine can run at any angle, is this true?