Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

carburetor?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dylanzr1, Dec 20, 2002.

1. dylanzr1

dylanzr1 Registered Member

hey, newbie question here, i have an 86 k-5 w/ original rochester q-jet that has the little plug on top. I think it's called a p t ?? anyway I would like to upgrade to an edelbrock or carter carb with out that plug. do I need to change the distributor also, I have an hei now. just would like some recomendations. I have a new edelbrock intake and cam package now and would like a set up that will work better with that. any help is greatly appreciated. thanks

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Change out the HEI to an older one and that should do it. That was the first thing I did to my '82 when I first bought it. Changed out the carb and the distributer.

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Electric plug I assume is what you are talking about? Just one plug? You can go with an earlier one if so.

If it's one plug style, and you decide to toss it, let me know, I'd like to see one of these things in person.