Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by SVBlazer, Nov 2, 2000.

1. SVBlazer

SVBlazer 1/2 ton status

Feb 17, 2000
    Ok guys, looking for some real world numbers and experiences with carbs. I currently have a Q-jet on a 383 and it's time to upgrade.

I know Holley make more power and is easily tuned, but suck at extreme angles. Yes, there are improvements for that (circle track floats, breather extensions, etc), but the economy isn't there.

Q-jets are ok, but difficult to tune and don't make the power.

Edlebrock and Carter are easily tunable but I don't have any experiences with these and am unsure about the power potential and economy.

I understand that injection is the way to go, however, the pocket book just won't absorb the cost.

So fellow K5'ers, what's your experiences?

BTW, I live at 5000 ft, just in case that factors in to your feedback.

Thanks and looking forward to your input...
  2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Feb 17, 2000
    Go find a totaled late 80's comaro Z28 and put the tune port on it if you don't like the Quad. Get a chip burned for your cam and your set. My bud just did it on his 72 and did it for less than $500 with chip and harness.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's