Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Card Values??!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Aug 13, 2003.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I'm doing my bi-annual room-cleaning, and after several years of collecting stuff (yes, I'm a packrat), I decided I have to make myself get rid of the stuff I don't need because I seriously am out of room in my bedroom for all my stuff...

Anyway, I decided to take all my sports cards that I collected when I was a kid out of the dresser drawer I was storing them in and put them in a shoe box so they could be stored out of the way... Eventually I want to get rid of them because they're stupid and in the way... I have cards from the 80's to mid 90's and earlier... What's a good thing to get to determine the value of each card to get the value of my collection???

Gonna take forever, I must have at least 1000 cards from football, baseball, hockey, basketball, WWF, nascar, and some stupid elivs card things /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif...

2. K5Dan

K5Dan 1/2 ton status

you can get a beckett at a card shop for football baseball and basketballI think even hockey

3. RiceDaddy

RiceDaddy Registered Member

E-Bay, but you'll be disappointed at what you can get for them.

4. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

If you have some rookie cards, those might be worth a little extra. Lots of guys who are just now coming around had their rookie years in the late 80s and early 90s. If your collection goes far enough back, you might even find a Ryne Sandberg, Mark McGwire, etc. rookie card. Don't sell them as one big group until you've weeded out the possible "money-makers."

5. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Definitely agree. If you have some high dollar cards and still want to sell them, post them up here for sale...there might be some interest from the CK5er's...me included! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

beckett.com has a free lookup thing... It's a pain in the ass, but it's free... It's going to take a while, but I'm making a list on Microsoft Excel to keep it organized... maybe I'll organize it by sport and last name if I darn well feel like it...

Anyway, 77Jimmy and anyone else, if you want me to send you the list when I'm done lemme know and I'll e-mail the file to ya... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

So far, there are only 2 cards in the shoebox (yeah, I've only done 40) that are worth anything, one's $15, the other $5 or something like that... But I have a binder of sleeves with some big names and stuff that might be of interest...

7. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

oops I screwed up and can't find it now... crap... I'll just go buy one then /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

8. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Yea, I'm interested. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Let me know when you pull the spreadsheet together. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif