Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

carfax q's...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ryan22re, Apr 6, 2006.

1. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

anybody have any good or bad experiences with it? i could see it being worth it on newer vehicles, like less than 5-6 years old, but on older stuff, i mean who really cares? dont need a numbers matching vehicle, but i guess it would be neat to know where a prospective truck has been. gonna try and sneak out and look at a 98 ex cab k3500 tomorrow. just wondering if it would be worth it. its like $25 for only 30 days. but i can do unlimited in that time. maybe the lot has one, find out tomorrow i reckon.

2. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

eh, i said screw it and bought it. the carfax thing anyway.

i checked my daily driver, which my wifes grandfather bought new in 94. it had been wrecked at least twice that i know of, and pretty major accidents at that. but, it didnt show up. if i had the vin from my k5 id check that too.

anyways....

3. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

My girlfriends '96 K1500 was wrecked also, but nothing showed up. I don't like the way CarFax advertises on TV because they try to make people think that a CarFax report WILL tell them of any wrecks... but often it doesn't. It is good for checking how many previous owners the vehicle had and for checking the odometer reading.