Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Carlisle 2006, 56K BEWARE!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Aug 5, 2006.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Lets just get into the pictures:

Wayne's K5, got the cage done I see, didn't get a chance to talk to him this time.
    [​IMG]

Didn't realize he had gotten the Walker Evans Rims at this point:
    [​IMG]

5.38 14 bolt gears so claims the vendor:
    [​IMG]

Josh's K5, a lot of folks looking at the rear suspension, a lot....:
    [​IMG]

A 1500 that had a really sweet paintjob last year, now flat black...:
    [​IMG]

Vs. last year:
    [​IMG]

New Land Rover model, seems to fit their modern trend:
    [​IMG]

Tiny portion of the show, need to spend the weekend to see everything in the light it deserves:
    [​IMG]

Badass Dodge Crewcab. Has a modern fuel injected 360(out of a newer truck) with a TKO trans behind it. Clean inside and out:
    [​IMG]

big ish:
    [​IMG]

Pimp:
    [​IMG]

Badass Astro:
    [​IMG]

Such a clear beautiful day theses awesome straight cuts looked like they blended into the sky:
    [​IMG]

Series of pictures from an entirely BADASS rig, imagine the time and money in this FULLY AIRBRUSHED painjob!:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[​IMG]

Badass little wagon with air cylinders and nitrogen. Kid had the controls and had front and back control of it. He was pretty well sick of playing with it by this point:
    [​IMG]

NSFW or Kids Rig hood:
    http://www.mandic4x4.com/images/carlisle06/carlisle024.jpg

Firetruck with Rear Steer:
    [​IMG]

I'm no good at year IDing, so a 67-72:
    [​IMG]

Another nice one:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Old School Burb with 14 bolt sf rear and 10 bolt up front:
    [​IMG]

Big, poor 10 bolt... hell poor 14 bolt...:
    [​IMG]

A rig:
    [​IMG]

and a RIG:
    [​IMG]

Newer body style body on a 82-89 shortbed frame, with a rear steer 14 bolt(sorry I couldn't get better pictures of it):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Heroes truck, too many people and too little space to get good pictures:
    [​IMG]

Super Duty that though not my style was well built. I couldn't find anything to complain about the way it was built really:
    [​IMG]

Now this was interesting. See this guy turn the corner, pouring out fluid of some sort(later realized it was trans fluid), smoking up a storm. Engine sounded like it was knocking. He was creeping along and shortly after passing us it stalled out and had trouble getting going again. Strange thing is, it didn't happen on the rock crawl course... the trail started a good 100 some feet behind where this picture was taken and was auto transmission fluid. If anyone knows the story, please let me know:
    [​IMG]

And an XJ I actually liked the work on. Only thing I didn't care for was the frame to shock hoop brackets and whoever made the bumper must not have done the suspension because the bumper, well the fab skills were lacking there, oh and the lower coilover mounts I'd have done different myself.:
    [​IMG]

Looking at it made me decide whenever I do a front link setup, I'll likely use this BTF truss setup:
    [​IMG]

3. midnitewarya

midnitewarya Sounds like a problem for future me. Premium Member

That is the coolest grill I have ever seen in my life. I would love to see that sweeping down on me in the rearview.

4. tweek

tweek 1/2 ton status

alan, missed you there....again, wayne it was a pleasure to say hello again........was a great show...............did you catch the gold 69-72 stepside with the cummins diesel???? pretty cool.....

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i've never seen a 10 bolt that dropped on the drivers side.... :whistle:

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yes, he had a newer body seats and dash in the bed later(must have been a swap meet buy), so looks like that truck will be even more badass. It was cool, but I always saw it in the distance. There was a Dakota with a Cummins and a SFA as well.

Good call on the D44 front axle, doh.

Stacey David was there with Project Copperhead as well. WAY too many people to be able to take a picture of either. Copperheads paint looked like CRAP in person. It was a much duller dirty copper color than on TV. Not sure if it was the lighting in the farm hall or what. Oh and my buddy spotted a dent on the driver side front fender of it. Tiny little thing but clearly there.

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Just looked up the price of the BTF truss system, $549.... yeah I'll stick to using my own fabwork.

8. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Nice pics. 2 things, the pic of my Walker Evans rim, look close at the sidewall of the tire at the top. Those little black spots are where the tire is cut. The tire is junk now, it took cords with it but still held air. Changed it before the drive home. The rig dropping fluid did bust on the rock pile, he split the trans case in half.:doah: The trail stopped and started like you mentioned when he was in our area.

9. barneybasher1010

barneybasher1010 1/2 ton status

10. TheSunDanceKid

TheSunDanceKid Registered Member

[​IMG]
    my friend who sold me my blazer has one of these siting at his dads shop its been there for around 20-25years lol and theres like no rust got to love arizona same color to was supposed to be on overhauled but for some reason never went threw with it the guy who ownes it didnt want it touched