Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Carnage Boulder

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by Hossbaby50, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Hey you Colorado guys. How tough is Carnage Boulder? Requirements for a fullsize?

How many lockers? 1 or 2?
    Tire size?
    Body Damage Required?
    etc.

Seems like this is the only trail somewhat close to Fort Collins that has real rocks on it so I want to do some research on it for when I get to run it. Thanks

Harley

2. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Here Harley.

Try this link, click on TRAILS, and enter the required info. It will give you a good description with pics on some trails.

http://www.4x4trails.net/

I have not been up it myself, my truck is too stock and I did not want to get stuck back there.

3. Hossbaby50

I have read a bunch of stuff about it and seen pics but I am hoping to get some response from guys who have had fullsizes on the trail and see what they have to say. Most of the stuff I have read was from Jeepers and they got the whole width advantage thing going for them.

Thanks

Harley

4. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

Haha, Carnage, haha....

Let me just say, that was the first trail I ever ran in Colorado, what an eye eopener :eek1: I did it with 33's, and open ten bolts front and rear, and got one dent on my passenger side rocker panel. Seriously...there are better trails out there that AREN'T parking lots. But yea you're gonna do it at some point, so there ya go, you know it won't be too hard, but yea, you can have some serious fun on a couple of those obstacles.

5. Hossbaby50

As far as I can tell that is the toughest trail in the area somewhat near Fort Collins. Is there anything tougher? Lefthand Canyon is easier then Carnage isn't it?

Harley

6. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

Yea it may be the toughest in the area I guess, and yea left hand is childs play, and that's not the worst part...the people there are the worst part.

Drunk

Toting guns

Riding dirtbikes down the same trail your trying to drive....recklessly I might add

Did I mention people are shooting all around you?

And they're drunk?

yea that's about it.

Bunch of yahoos I swear.

But ya know what? it's wicked close to me, and good for a post class quick run to let off some steam.

7. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Unfortunately , Nick is right. Lefthand and Carnage are fairly easy, just a couple challenges, and the yahoos that turn the place into a parking lot just add to the crappy-factor. You'll probably end up caravaning with MrK5 and Nick to the better trails south of you. All of the truly challenging runs are at least a couple of hours drive from Denver, more from Ft Collins. There is always the CORE park though...

8. denver75k5

denver75k5 1/2 ton status

We where up there last weekend and saw a open diff 33" tire fullsise blazer run it with little problem, In fact 2 of us ran it in 30 min the first time and then I ran it by myself in 15 min. the second time. IMO the trail has gotten much more easy since last year. But it is one of those trails where you can make it hard or take every bypass and make it easy.

This is the hardest part, but there is a bypass around it.

P1010003.jpg

Last edited: Apr 22, 2005
  9. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

This is the most difficult trail near Ft Collins I can think of off the top of my head.

Click --> Kelly Flats/Heart Attack Hill

I've never ran it, but my bro-in-law claims it's something special.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2005