Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

carnage chain reaction

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ducttape114, Dec 2, 2003.

1. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

Aug 1, 2002
    i finnaly got my tranny working right so me and my old man went for a test drive. he asked why my axle was twisting. i explained axle wrap to him and then showed him by flooring it on some nice dry asphalt. well my crappy welds on the perches broke, thus the axle twisted way up bending both shafts on my $200 a piece fox 2.0s. the drive line was at such a nasty angle that i had to idle the whole way home to avoid killer vibrations. [darn]. [darn]. [darn]. i am really upset now. im gonna go whine about it now and remove some really expensive paper weights from my truck.
  2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

May 31, 2000
    [ QUOTE ]
    well my crappy welds on the perches broke

[/ QUOTE ]
    You learned a very expensive lesson, but at least you didn't die in the process. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Crappy welds don't belong on ANY steering or suspension parts... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Just imagine if that had happened at 70 MPH on a crowded freeway. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif