Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CARNAGE IN THE GARAGE **PICS** Don't put your finger in the drill press...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Poohbair, Nov 29, 2004.

1. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

CARNAGE IN THE GARAGE **PICS** Don\'t put your finger in the drill press...

This is what happens when you get your thumb caught in the 1/2" drill press... I would not recommend it /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif. It tore the nail off the thumb, tore the meat under the nail off, and tore the nail bed out of the finger (I took it out of my glove and stuck it back on to go to the dr, but he took it off again.) and broke the thumb in 2 places, and dislocated it out of the back socket where it hooks to the rest of your hand. They removed the nail, sewed the meat and the nail bed back in where they were supposed to be, told me there isn't much to do about the 2 breaks, and that it was back in the socket where it was supposed to be but has some torn tendons and stuff. I did it on Fri night, Yes it hurt, yes it still hurts, but oh well.... sh!t happens!! I wasn't drinking any alcohol when it happened, but I sure drank some between the time it happened until I got to the dr office... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What it looks like today after I took the bandage off to change it
    [​IMG]

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Re: CARNAGE IN THE GARAGE **PICS** Don\'t put your finger in the drill press...

OUCH!! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

Thanks for not posting that before lunch! <font color="white">_</font>:puke:

3. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

Whoa, man that sucks. I hope it heels quick for your sake.

Remington

4. ZooMad75

ZooMad75 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

OMG! That is foul. I hope it heals, broken thumbs suck but that seems to be the least of your worries.

One stupid question.....Just what did the Doc/ER staff think of you taking pictures as they patched you up? A camera would have been the last thing on my mind if that happend to me. You must have more of a tolerance for pain than me.

5. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    OMG! That is foul. I hope it heals, broken thumbs suck but that seems to be the least of your worries.

One stupid question.....Just what did the Doc/ER staff think of you taking pictures as they patched you up? A camera would have been the last thing on my mind if that happend to me. You must have more of a tolerance for pain than me.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, the ER DR. said that most people cry like a little biatch when something similiar to this happens... I didn't miss a picture! The lady was cracking up that I was taking pics while she was putting my I.V. in! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Now thats a hangnail.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

7. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Re: CARNAGE IN THE GARAGE **PICS** Don\'t put your finger in the drill press

and I thought slamming a finger in a door hurt's...Damn that is nasty!! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

8. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

and how did you manage to get your finger in the drill press /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

9. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    and how did you manage to get your finger in the drill press /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Helping a buddy drill a hole in the end of a seat belt. It started spinning on the bit, and the seatbelt twisted around my glove and pulled my hand in... pretty gay actually.

10. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

wow, I almost get sick just looking at it... /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

11. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

12. tx_sub

tx_sub 1/2 ton status

the best part is that you managed to take pics of the whole thing. that's nuts. best of luck with recovery.

13. walla2k5

walla2k5 1/2 ton status

Yeeooouuuccchh!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

14. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Dang! That'd kill me! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

15. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

NEVER EVER EVER WEAR GLOVES WHILE USING A DRILL PRESS !!

as you can tell it is just not safe , and why are you drilling seatbelts anyways ?!? j/k /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

16. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

crazy man, /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifi love the pic with the nail back on. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Owwwwwww

Good humour though, glad to see a stoic

Scream a bit?

18. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Damn! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif No how careful someone is shi7 still happens. /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

19. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    the best part is that you managed to take pics of the whole thing. that's nuts. best of luck with recovery.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the doc thought it was pretty funny too. The only pics I didn't get were him installing the stitches... (he didn't want the flash while he was doing it).

20. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    NEVER EVER EVER WEAR GLOVES WHILE USING A DRILL PRESS !!

as you can tell it is just not safe , and why are you drilling seatbelts anyways ?!? j/k /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the tip /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif... Oh, and we were drilling seatbelts because they needed bigger bolt holes in the mounting brackets...