Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Carnage report from the weekend!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by NOT4SHW, Apr 1, 2002.

1. NOT4SHW

NOT4SHW Guest

This was really the madien voyage for the blazer with the new engine, 1 ton axles and 44's and it was a great success. There was little carnage:

1 very straight tow hook on the front which was welded to the bumper that tweeked the bumper when it straightened

1 shattered 6 deg shim on the rear springs

1 broken tow rope which broke while I was pulling a friend out and broke his tail light and dented his tailgate.

In general it was a great weekend with no complaints! Only got stuck once while backing through my own ruts!
  2. captain chaos

captain chaos 1/2 ton status

Mar 29, 2002
    sound's like you had fun.. i have a ? for you. it say's you have 13.5"s of lift. are you runing 12" front spring's? i want to run 12" in front but the dealers i have talked to told me to do it i have to turn the center section of the dif. they say anything after 8" this has to be done. well i'm running 8s" now with 1" more in shackel and thing's work fine. but my biggest concern is how do you turn a 60 center when you're spring is attached to it? just thought i would throw this out there and see if anyone know's about this. sorry so long maybe i should have started my own post. thank's
  3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Feb 17, 2000
    For D60's, you have to turn the knuckles..............