Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Carnage Report

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by FWP, May 10, 2003.

1. FWP

FWP CRS

Ran Ridgeback today with our friend Tye Jones and a club called AZXJ (about 12 XJ's were present)

Yours truly- 1 each, 3/8" stick thru sidewall
    Tye- Broken steering arm
    The XJ group:
    Blown U-joint
    2 broken axleshafts
    1 driveshaft
    2-track bar brackets
    1 bent draglink
    1 starter cable
    several fender flares

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I noticed (off your Embry Riddle site) that Ridgeback is near Cordes Junction. Where is it, and how hard is it?

Also I noticed the Desoto mine run. Where exactly is it? and how hard is it?

Do you have any other good trail to report on there in the Bradshaw's Fred. Don't hold out we need to know all the cool runs to go on up in your neck of the woods.

3. FWP

FWP CRS

How hard is Ridgeback? The trail isn't that hard with lockers and 33s, assuming you take the easy/ bypass lines. If you take the hard way, let's put it this way, there is a section that is impossible without at least 42s (believe me, I tried. Tye didn't even attempt it). The rocks are extremely slick, and you can't get a line, it picks your lines for you. As an example, I hung a rock slider on a 4' boulder, and pivoted 90 degress forwards and backwards 4 times before I got off of it /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif.

Oh, don't worry I won't hold out /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif, You gotta come up and wheel with us to see where the good stuff is at /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif