Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

carnage today

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLZN4FN, Nov 9, 2003.

1. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

Well I was out playing in the mud and heard a snap and no forward or reverse tryed moving the t-case shifter no luck
    still no gears. How do I tell if I broke the t-case or the trany or both? Can I take the t-case off the truck and put the trany in gear and see if any thing moves?
    Thanks all for your input /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

is it your 88'? 208 or 241? Doesn't sound good. Maybe a shaft inside the tranny or tcase snapped.

3. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

If its your 208 thats messed up, drop me a line...I have a 208 that is torn apart in my garage in Denver that is only missing like 2 parts...If you need any parts for a 208, I'll hoook you up..

As for checkint ot see when the deal is? I would drop the t-case for sure. Then start the motor and put the tranny in drive and see if the rear output spins. If it does, pull you t-case apart and see what the deal is...If it doesn't, maybe time to look at a new tranny...

Chris

4. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

Cool,
    Thanks Chris. I will get the T-case out this week and
    and take a look. I bet it is the T-case when it was in gear the case made a grinding/thumpping noise. Thanks agine.

Bo