Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Carnage

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, May 12, 2005.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

The roof of my deck just collapsed. I'll go out and take pics as soon as my friend gets over too move some crap so I can get outside. No stairs by back door, they are up by the deck, need friend too move them for me so I can get out of the house, LOL.

2. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

That sounds like a pretty cruddy afternoon... Too much snow I guess?

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

4. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

From the weight of the snow?? It just fell??
    lol I bet that made some noise :grin:

5. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sucks that the roof fell, but the Summit Racing and No Smoking stickers on the doors are cute :p:

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I think we're just going too take the roof of the deck off till it warms up, the replace any wood that needs replaced, restain the deck and put it all back together then.

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Didn't make as much noise as you'd think. Just sounded like snow falling off the roof.

8. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Whats that white stuff on the ground?

9. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Holy Carparoni. Guess I'm not the only one having fun this week.

10. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I call BS, you were up there jacking with that antenna weren't you? Paul on a cold tin roof.

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

No reason too be on the roof, wouldn't be able to reach antenna, that's a 40 foot tower. And y'all are high if you think I'd climb my fat ass up on the tower, LOL.

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Didn't get much work done, but atleast we can get in and out now, LOL. In the morning a friend is comming over too take the roof apart. Didn't have 1/2 the tools needed and it's getting dark.

13. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Got insurance??

That sucks!....like you dont have enough to do,right?..I hope you have insurance..and that they will cover it,and not call it an "act of God" or something..damm weather anyway!--its going below 32 here tonite!....I'm getting sick of having to use the wood stove until june every year here... :mad:

It looks like you could jack the rafters back into place and fix the roof :thinking: but its hard to tell how damaged it got from pictures....I'm suprised the metal roof I made thats attached to an aluminum truck body hasn't collapsed -it has very little "pitch"-its had over 3 feet of snow on it more than once,and its not getting any younger!--I dont keep anything of real value under it in the winter,just in case..my riding mower is under it,but there is other stuff taller than the mower in there,so if it does come crashing down,chances are it wont hurt anything...the caddy 500 +TH400 are in there too,but it would take a lot of weight to hurt that ingot!...

14. o2bjimmy

o2bjimmy 1/2 ton status

Snow sucks!! Last night I seen a huge branch hanging over my blazer so I decided to move it. This morning that branch was blocking the street. It would have done a lot of damage. All over town there are trees and limbs laying on the ground.

15. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've got a friend up in Star Village and he said a few cars got crushed by tree limbs. That sucks. Glad you're Blazer didn't get smashed, good idea on moving it. So when you comming out ?? I could put a movie on the big screen if ya wanta hang out sometime. Yes, I get bored all by my lonesome.

16. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

What is all that white crap? It was like 90° here today. :xmas: Either way that must really suck.

17. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

A few boards split, and the tin is pretty twisted in a few spots. I'm just going too build a new roof. Be easier then trying too salvage this one. Yes, have insurence, but still have a $250.00 deductable. So we'll see how much they're willing too pay.

18. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

In the 70's Monday, Tues started raining, yesterday arounf 5ish it started smowing. News said we got 14 inches out where I live, but I'm betting closer to 6 to 9 inches. It was the really wet and heavy snow. Alot melted off today befor the roof collapsed. Was in the 40's today, they're calling for 60's tomarrow, and 70's this weekend. Hell yeah it sucks, another bill I wasn't expecting. I'm just happy nobody was on the deck when it fell. My mother just left not even 5 mins befor it happened.

19. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

This is great, it's starting too snow again. More of a sleet then anything else. Not what I need right now, Oh well, what can ya do ??

20. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Got all the tin off, now just need too break out the Saw and cut some wood.