Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Carolina K5

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by 79Stomper, Apr 11, 2004.

1. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Okay, I am taking the bull by the horns and going to run with this thing. I haven't seen anything going on so going to get it started. If I have stepped on anyone's toes let me know and I will back off but want some progress.

1. I want a members list. Post up or send me a PM if you want in. No requirements as of now, but when we get going look at possible required meetings maybe 1 out of every six. This is an all 4 wheel drive club. I don't want it to be a partisan to one specific make. All 4x4's will be welcome.

2. This will be a family oriented organization. Meaning for those of us who have families and like to wheel, we can take them with us.

3. Trail Runs. Like to do a trail run maybe 1 or 2 times every 3 months or so. Nothing big, we will work this in some type of rotation. One member will set one up for the club and will revolve. Nothing big, but must be a safe environment.

4. Meetings. Will rotate and will decide frequency upon members being able to make it. I will be out of the region from Aug-Dec, so will not make those. Location will be determined 2 weeks in advance. Purpose of meetings will be to show off vehicles and to shoot the sh*t and get to know one another and maybe have something to eat.

5. Safety. Safety will be paramount on all trail rides and if your vehicle doesn't meet the requirements then you wioll not be able to complete trail ride so you can spot another member.

I am going to look into getting some webspace and get one of my data guys started on making a site. This will be a simple site just explaining club rules and membership criteria. May also include a pic of your rig with a short biogaraphy of modifications and what knot things.

If there are any suggestions just let me know. First thing I want to do is get a members list.

Next we will set up a meeting and an agenda.

After, look for a trail ride. Something as to where everyone will be able to go. If you know of a place let us know here on the board and we can take a vote on it. I like to do the camping/wheeling weekends so preferbly some place with a campsite that we can have a fire, for S'MORES, uuummmmmm, S'MORES.

<font color="red"> LASTLY POST UP!!!!! </font>

2. ncbloodhound

ncbloodhound 1/2 ton status

Count me in and feel free to use carolinak5.com for the domain.

3. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

Count me in /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

sounds good to me /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Orange Crush

Orange Crush 1/2 ton status Premium Member

sounds like my wife must be posting up this is how it will be blah blah bull [darn] this is what turns me off to being in a club

6. trollporter

trollporter 1/2 ton status

Count me in. I think Nationals in Anderson will be a great first meeting spot. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

7. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Sure, ill try. Count me in.
    -Harrison

8. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

git 'er dun! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

9. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Rock on James!!! Im in of course that is if yall will let me wheel without an engine just push me off a cliff and here we go WEEEEEEE!!!

10. Orange Crush

Has carolina K5 been abandoned for Carolina offroad? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

11. Orange Crush

Has carolina K5 been abandoned for Carolina offroad? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

12. trollporter

I've been wondering the same. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Did we miss something.

13. ncbloodhound

ncbloodhound 1/2 ton status

Looks like it. We had a lot of talk about carolina K5, but no action. Then Carolina offroad popped up.

14. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Me and Caveblazin had thrown the idea around and alot of post to get it started were going around but like you said nothing was going on but arguments over little things, one day a guy i work with (who has a built toyota) got on me about keeping things simple, so we came up with a simple name for a local (state wide) club that wasent brand specific and thats the story behind Carolina Offroad. I would like to have all the cool stuff like NorCal Big Dogs have but my first priority is to get in the dirt with friends and enjoy our trucks.

15. extremetahoe

extremetahoe 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dang, You move to Cali and you just forget about all of us on the east coast. I see how it is. Going in for surgery on the ankle in Nov. Finally, I've been telling those idiots it's not right. Is your phone still connected?

16. extremetahoe

extremetahoe 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

You can count me in but going in for surgery on the ankle in Nov. then it's 42 days of convo. then 6 weeks in a cast, then 6 more in a robo foot cast then 4 months of physical therapy. IT'S A GOOD THING I HAVE AN AUTOMATIC THOUGH. The sad thing is that I'm going to miss a lot of hunting. :(

17. lamberthkp

lamberthkp SITFU Premium Member

i would say im in but i go back to west carolina (TN) next month.

18. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm in..................:wink1:

19. trollporter

WTF are you guys in on this post is from '04!

troy

20. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

damn i forgot about this, we did have a three truck thing going at one time with me a friend from work and James, but two of the trucks were sold and i sold my tailgate that had the sticker on it. Anyway, i am going out with 3/1 in april, that and what the 1stSgt board says will decide when i can get back out there.