Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Carolina Off Road vote needed

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by sapper, Apr 21, 2004.

1. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

This is to find out what we want to do with this thing

2. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Vote thingy don't work

3. 79Stomper

Nevermind, had a brain fart

4. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

i think we need kind of a combination of the two. not something like a straight-up club, cause i think that'd drive some away due to dues/authority/etc, but i think we do need some sort of set of general guidelines members should follow on the trails just so the club doesnt get a bad name. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

5. Orange Crush

Orange Crush 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    i think we need kind of a combination of the two. not something like a straight-up club, cause i think that'd drive some away due to dues/authority/etc, but i think we do need some sort of set of general guidelines members should follow on the trails just so the club doesnt get a bad name. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah what he said /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. sapper

Okay then lets start putting them down, here are some things i think any responsible 4 wheeler or group should do.

1. Be familly orentated, if i go to wheel with you i will have my wife and kids with me, if you do something thats not appropiate for them to see or hear you might get your a$$ kicked.

2. Tread lightly, its one of the best things we can do to keep our "sport" alive, when you go somewhere take trash bags, whatever you packed in it should be packed out as well as whatever else some idiot left on the trail.

3. I love beer, however drinking and wheeling is about as smart as having a screen door on a submarine, dont do it.

4. Just be responsible, if you dont have things like a fire extinguisher or basic recovery gear, get some, also if you want to wreck your rig doing something "cool" go ahead but try to stay away from my rig.

I know there are more but its 5:15 am and i have been up since 3:00 am so lets hear them

7. sapper

[ QUOTE ]
    PURPOSE

The Nor Cal Offroad (NCOR) 4-wheel drive club exists to bring members together for family-oriented fun and the enjoyment of our natural surroundings. NCOR shall work in concert with other groups and organizations for the purpose of maintaining and keeping open existing trails, organizing events and participating in other activities, which the club deems appropriate.

OBJECTIVE

The objective of the club is enjoyment, not competition. Practices involving “daring” or “egging on” are not acceptable. Each member must decide on his or her own whether or not to attempt an obstacle. The principles of Tread Lightly must be adhered to as strictly as possible. This means that all vehicles should stick to the trail whenever possible and respect the environment. All members are expected to clean up after themselves, and, if possible, to leave the area cleaner than you found it.

EVENTS

If a member’s vehicle is stuck, all other members must wait until the vehicle is freed. Members are not required to help extract the vehicle or perform other work on the trail; however, a team effort is not only appreciated but is keeping in the spirit of the sport. Vehicles may be left in the stuck position provided there is a consensus among the members that it can be done so safely. No member will be left behind.

Recommended equipment should include, but shall not be limited to:

· ABC fire extinguisher
    · First aid kit
    · Tow strap
    · Tools
    · Spare tire
    · Axe
    · Shovel
    · CB radio

Spare parts such as u-joints, axle shafts, drivelines and basic tune up parts are also recommended. Every rig should have recovery points in both the front and rear of the vehicle. Each member should have a thorough understanding of their vehicle, as well as being capable and prepared to repair their vehicle should the need arise.

This is a family-oriented organization and all members will act accordingly. All members will be responsible for the behavior of their family members and guests. Any member or guest acting in an inappropriate manner may be asked to leave. If the situation is repeated, club membership may be terminated at the discretion of the Board of Directors.

As an organization in good standing with Tread Lightly, any member not complying with their practices may be fined up to fifty dollars (US $50.00). The fine will then be sent to Tread Lightly in the form of a donation. A repeat violation may result in a permanent revocation of club membership.

MEMBERSHIP AND DUES

1. Owners of off-highway vehicles or OHV enthusiasts are eligible for membership.

2. Candidates for membership should contact a Member of the board of directors prior to consideration for membership. The current year’s dues shall be remitted before membership may be granted. Following review by the Board of Directors, the applicant will be notified as to their acceptance or rejection. If membership is rejected, the dues shall be refunded promptly. The Board’s decision is final and shall not be appealed. Membership is open until such time as active membership reaches 100active members. At that time, the Board of Directors will make a decision on how to proceed.

3. The minimum age for members shall be sixteen (16) years. A parent or guardian must sponsor members under the age of 18 and a release of liability will be signed by the minor, the parent or guardian and witnessed by a club member. After a probationary period of 6 months and/or 3 club runs, the Board will allow or deny membership.

4. Each member must hold a valid driver’s license and have adequate insurance coverage.

5. Annual dues for this organization shall be $10.00 (per address) and are payable on January 31 of each year. Members who pay in the months of October, November or December will have a valid membership for those months and the following calendar year. If annual dues are not remitted by February 28, membership status will be changed to inactive and a vote of the Board will be required to regain active status. Upon reinstatement, annual dues will be collected and an additional $10 reinstatement fee will be assessed.

6. Although, not required, we recommend that you join California Association of 4 Wheel Drive Clubs, Inc. (CA4WDC).

7. All members should conduct themselves in a responsible, respectable and orderly fashion at all times. The Board of Directors shall have the power to expel members for misconduct.

GOVERNING BODY

The NCOR President shall be voted in for a term of one year

Voting shall take place annually during the first week of every March.

The President shall then appoint a Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary and 6 additional Board members.

AMENDMENTS

These Bylaws may be amended by a two-thirds majority vote of members.

LIMITS OF POWER

Neither the President nor any Board member shall make any major decision without Board approval nor spend more than $50.00 of NCOR funds without prior Board approval.

As a rule, all club members will vote on major decisions, but if a decision must be made quickly, the President can call for an emergency vote of the Board of Directors.

[/ QUOTE ]

I pulled this off of the Nor Cal Big Dawgs site, some things i thought were good to go were parts about if a rig is stuck somewhere everyone should stay in that area untill its out or untill everyone riding in it has been put in other rigs to get parts or whatever, also the basic stuff to be carried, ie. cb, straps, things of that nature, not sure about the dues and voting stuff but like i said before i am NOT running this

8. 79Stomper

[ QUOTE ]
    but like i said before i am NOT running this

[/ QUOTE ]

HMMMMMMM, I have a nomination for Pres /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

All that sounds good to me. All of the required items are basic and very helpful in any situation.
    Any one else running Carolina Off Road Stickers yet?

Sapper for prez /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

9. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

Sounds good to me.

Cant wait till we can go wheeling again with the families. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Oh you still thinking about selling??

10. sapper

[ QUOTE ]
    Any one else running Carolina Off Road Stickers yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just me another guy from work and you once you swap out tops, it dont seem like we will be making Jeff alot of extra money anytime soon /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

11. sapper

[ QUOTE ]
    HMMMMMMM, I have a nomination for Pres

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey thanks for volunteering /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif, now that we have a club name, a supplier of club logos (Lyons Design) and James is our president, i think its time for him to get off his butt and finish up the Carolina Off Road, Truck Clubs general practices and required equipment list. Also why dont you see about what we can do around our areas to start promoting a responsible image for 4wheelers /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

12. sapper

This is something i just thought of joking, instead of haveing rules and all of that, since it has been said that some structure is needed however not going to be joining the chamber of commerce /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif a list of general practices, just things that we want to see (or not see) that way if ever a a$$clown comes along we can tell him to jam it and not get the "I didnt know"

General Practices

1. Familly Orientated- for me this a familly event, I plan on having my familly with me for most out of town runs to bond as a familly and also to teach my children that there is a way of life beyond the internet and playstation, this should be remembered and respected by all who participate as i will be doing the same to your familly.

2. Tread lightly- Without respect for the land it will be taken away from us. At all times there should be care given to leave the area better than we found it. The only exception to this would be in a situation where someone has a high chance of being hurt.

3. Responsible Driving- Alcohol should not be banned from camping sites, however it should never be consumed within 8 hours prior to driving (on the trail or home from the trail) in excess. Drugs are not tolerated.

4. Trail Manners- We should all be willing to take care of each other. If a member has a problem with a vechicle or obsticle, everyone in the group should be willing to stay with that person and pitch in any help that is required to saftly extract the rig, or if that is not possible without additional tools/parts, everyone in that rig will be put into other rigs and taken out together. A exception to this is if theft is a concern then two capable rigs will stay behind at the downed rig untill it is extracted, never leave just one rig behind in case the same thing happens agian. Also communication by CB or cell phone should established before staying at rig overnight away from camp site.

5. Equipment- Every rig should have all of the below listed equipment any time it hits the trails, also in the case of saftey everything inside the rig should be properlly secured in case of a rollover.

Required Equipment

1. Fire extinguisher- should be in plain view or shown to others in the group in case of emergeny.

2. First aid kit

3. Water/Food- At least on gallon per person in the rig should be carried.

4. Spare tire- A full size spare tire is recommended.

5. CB radio- This is a inexpensive item that can prove to be worth its wieght in gold.

6. Spill clean up- We are the only people responsible for the clean up of any hazards waste that escapes from our rigs.

7. Trash bags- to be able to police up after ourselves and keep the trails clean.

I goota get ready to start teaching but i know i overlooked some things, let get a good list together and have the pres JAMES get it finished up. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

13. 79Stomper

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    HMMMMMMM, I have a nomination for Pres

[/ QUOTE ]

think its time for him to get off his butt and finish up the Carolina Off Road, Truck Clubs general practices and required equipment list. Also why dont you see about what we can do around our areas to start promoting a responsible image for 4wheelers /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have done the most of the work for me, and beside I can't be president and have a smaller truck than someone elses in the club. The President should have the tallest and baddest of all and surely that is yours. After all, does ole G.W. Bush fly around in a Twin engine Cessna? No, he has Air Force one and Paul, I think yours is as closest to "AIR FORCE ONE" status than mine is. /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

14. sapper

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

get to work

prez /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

15. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

O noo paul /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif I mean Mr President you should be the prez with that loud mouth of yours LOL /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

16. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

I would like to help contribute in some way to help the club get rolling. Is there anything that anybody needs help with to get this club organized?
    -Harrison

17. 79Stomper

Why don't you PM the president, Sapper /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif and ask him.

James /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif