Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CarolinaK5 ??????????????

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by sapper, Feb 13, 2004.

1. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

If you havent seen the post ncbloodhound owns and has offered to use carolinak5.com as a web site for this idea of ours, i know its vechicle related but it will be impossible to have eveyone happy and im just about done trying to please the mass's. It will cost money to do this so dues will have to be covered if there is enough intrest.

2. ncbloodhound

ncbloodhound 1/2 ton status

I will shop around for some cheap hosting and post what I find here.

I will also offer to design the site provided that it is not going to be as extensive as the coloradok5 site.

I have some time to do something small, but nothing like this site. I thought carolinak5.com would just be a supplement to coloradok5 with information about the club on it. Like events, links, members, etc.

Please let me know your thoughts! /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

3. sapper

I wouldnt expect it to no where near the size of this site, mayby a forum for planning runs and a members rides or something and then a link to this site. Thanks agian /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

Sound sweet to me. Yeah some thing small with a couple forums, maybe 4 max. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Gotta have a forsale forum LOL But that sounds good to me as well...
    Spence

6. Orange Crush

Orange Crush 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Carolina K5 home of the Orangecrush /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

7. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

Probably should just start small... maybe a one page web site with the standard club info, upcoming meetings & events and links.... then as we grow we can add pics of members rides, trail rides, & maybe even a forum (I'm sure Steve would be a good source of info on that one - probably should also see if he minds too terribly if we borrow part of his club name /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif).../forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I would hate to saddle the handful of us founding members w/ outrageous club dues. Lets do what we need to do to get word out (i.e. t-shirts, club logo stickers, the ever annoying windshield stickers & when the season starts, set up booths to court new members at the mud runs and other truck events..... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

As far as a logo and t-shirts… If no one else is working on it, I’ve got a buddy who is an awesome artist…. He’s the guy everyone gets to draw up logos and tattoos and stuff like that… so this is right up his alley… Again, if no one else is working on it, you guys (I mean “guys” to be gender neutral) shoot me some ideas and sketches of what you’d like to see... /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

8. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Let me know if I can help. I'm a graphic artist of 8 years. I work at a prepress shop /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif(owned by alcoa: hey they make wheels!) and have a few connections. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif Got a former co-worker that started his own sign buisness a half of mile down the road. He can do silk screening, transfers, mousepads, etc and has a vinyl cutter (decals). /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif We used to do it here but sold most of the equipment to this guy.

9. ncbloodhound

ncbloodhound 1/2 ton status

I will do the web part, but I am not artist. Just a techie. Any comments on the look of the site are welcome.

I should have a bare bones site up soon.

10. sapper

you guys are the bomb /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

11. bgchvy79

bgchvy79 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I will shop around for some cheap hosting and post what I find here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a site on Hostfor2bucks.com, and it's real cheap. You pay $2 a month and $5 for setup...check it out if you get a chance...