Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

carpet, liners....something else?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by amm888, Aug 11, 2002.

1. amm888

amm888 1/2 ton status

any suggestions for something other than carpeting a blazer...something 'cozy' (no spray-on liners)?

i've got some really rancid carpet that i'd like to pull out, but i don't know what to replace it with.

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Rubber mat maybe?

3. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

LMC sells complete rubber mat kits for Blazers. They are like 250 I think. I personnaly would yank off the sound deadener under it if you will encounter water that may get in. This was the route I was gonna take but Im going to go spray in now. Open the doors pull the floor plugs that Ill put in, and hose it out. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. amm888

amm888 1/2 ton status

rubber mats just don't seem that comfy (as sissy as that may sound...). the back is basically for my dog, and maybe me, i'm thinkin of getting a oriental rug and cutting it...or something like that...?

5. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Carpet store for a chunk of in-out door carpeting might work.

6. Pure Insanity

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    any suggestions for something other than carpeting a blazer

[/ QUOTE ] </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    i'm thinkin of getting a oriental rug and cutting it...or something like that...?

[/ QUOTE ] Dont want carpet, but a rug will work? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

7. wrathORC

wrathORC 1/2 ton status

No mat = toasty feet. I yanked the horsehair sound deadener out of my truck and put the vinyl mat back in and that is toasty enough. I plan on buying a new mat from JC whitney and buy some of that aluminum-backed underhood insulator also.

Thy feet get mighty toasty. Driving barefoot is not an option unless you do it with the cruise control.

8. amm888

amm888 1/2 ton status

in reply to: (i don't know how to do the fancy 'in reply to' stuff)

Dont want carpet, but a rug will work?

--------

Exactly! (them car carpets are so darn thin and cheezy - i want something more cushy-comfy (for my dog, of course)) /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

9. Pure Insanity

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    for my dog, of course

[/ QUOTE ] Oh yeeeah. The dog. I forgot. LOL! OK then look into like Caddy or Meredes carpet. Maybe newer Jags too. I know I got into one of the 3 in the last few weeks at work and thought about how soft the floor was. I think there is a company that makes any carpet w/ any style of carpeting material. Prob pretty pricey though. Another thought would be to get a roll of jute (thats the sound deadening water absorbing crap under the carpet /forums/images/icons/wink.gif ) and lay out a few layers of it before laying the carpet.

10. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

I picked up a used bed rug cheap that has the molds under it to fit the bottom and make it smooth. It is out of a 98 Chevy truck but i figure it should be close. It also covers the sides but that part can be taken off which is what i'll probably do.

11. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

I just grabbed some house carpet that my neibor s/p was throwing away and I just cut it to fit.and that stuff is "comfy" I did it for the kids in the back and then just cut a piece for the front too..And yes the floor does get toasty with out it too... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

12. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

grimmy had good idea that i'm gonna try. get some industrial carpeted floor mats, you know the kind that are in the entrance way of office building they are carpet on top and rubber on the bottom. they come in all kinda of sizes and prices and colors /forums/images/icons/smile.gif and all you gotta do is cut them to fit. i know Grainger has a wide selection of them.

13. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

You could always go get some indoor outdoor carpet (the green stuff). And then you can get the door mat's with the little flower in the corner and use those as floor mats in the front /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif