Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Carpet questions?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by freeforever, Apr 17, 2001.

1. freeforever

freeforever 1/2 ton status

well people I was looking at redoing my carpet in my truck and was wondering if it would work if I bought my own carpet and cut and sized it my self...will i run into any problems with contuores? or angles? and also any sugestions on what I need and what I might consider would be greatly apreciated. Oh and by the way ive checkd out just about Every place imaginable for the kits and there to expensive.....or maby should I wait off and get a kit?

"Fool me once shame on you...fool me twice shame on me"
    ---------------
    "A closed mouth gathers no foot."

2. LittleJimmy

LittleJimmy 1/2 ton status

What are you going to do with the truck. Mud or for looks. If you will be playing in the mud leave the carpet out and get you so herculiner; a do it yourself bedliner. Very durable and you won't have worry about spills and mud. Easy to clean. If you are going for looks then I would get a carpet kit. I have heard of people doing the carpet themselves and they didn't like it. Riped it up and went and got a kit. Just my opinion. Later LittleJimmy......

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I put flat carpet in mine because the other was rotten and you pretty much have to cut a piece to go on the hump and then one to go on either side. But if you know someone who does carpet I bet that they could make the seam almost invisable. Mine just kind of over laps a bit and doesn't look that bad espesially if you put in floor mats. The kits are kind of expensive and indoor outdoor works real nice on the back section.I guess it just depends on what you can afford to throw money at , at the time, later...