Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Carpet replacement w/new body mounting bolts

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by McD Blzr, Apr 23, 2002.

1. McD Blzr

McD Blzr Registered Member

Next project is a new carpet set from ACC, possibly with a rhino lining for sound. What about new body mouting bolts while I'm at it? With 120k ('89) my K-5 is still in very good condition so I'm not sure what condition they are going to be in. Does replacing them make a difference and how complicated is it?
    Thx

2. blazentank

blazentank 1/2 ton status

I want to put new carpet in mine too how much is the carpet from acc and does it come with the whole front and rear and wheel hump pieces made to fit in blazers. Also is it factory colors

3. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

What about new body mouting bolts while I'm at it? With 120k ('89) my K-5 is still in very good condition so I'm not sure what condition they are going to be in. Does replacing them make a difference and how complicated is it?

<hr></blockquote>
    Hmmmm... are you thinking of doing body mounts? If so, call OffRoad Design @ (970) 945-7777. Steve we be happy to help you out getting poly mounts for your truck. AND YES, with 120k on the ticker, its well past time to pull the soft rubber mounts out.

As for the carpet, have you looked at www.lmctruck.com? That's where I would go first for interior parts. They aren't always the cheapest, but the quality is usually very good.

Finally, FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE! If we knew more about the size of tires, and other existing suspension &amp; body lift parts, people can help more. Use the Bio section to give everyone here an idea of what you have in your truck already.

Just my .02

-Dan

4. blazentank

blazentank 1/2 ton status

Does anybody know of a carpet kit like LMC's but cheaper then there price i don't have $300 to spend on carpet but i'm about to redo my whole interior when i get it painted and i want to do it right.

5. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Do a search on ebay's automotive section for "blazer carpet". I found a real cheap company with a full set for like $190.