Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Carpet vs spray in

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TxBlzr, Apr 18, 2000.

1. TxBlzr

TxBlzr Registered Member

I need new carpet but i would love to have spray in but don't want to pay that much i dont do that much 4x4ing and this my daily driver.....my question is about the herculiner roll on liner is this stuff any good? thanks for respondin'.

"Too much to do too little time...and money"

2. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Dude,
    Do both. Get carpet and Spray in. That's what I did. I used Durabak. Works good. But without the carpet, I think it will get scraped up in time. So, the carpet protects it. I put foam pad and then carpet. Bought all this at Home Depot(except the Durabak) Cost me $50 for the carpet foam pad and the all weather carpet. But if you want it to look nice, then carpet sets are a bit pricey. But I think mine looks nice.
    Boss

3. TxBlzr

TxBlzr Registered Member

i dont mean to sound stupid but how did you do both?

"Too much to do too little time...and money"

4. walrus101

walrus101 Registered Member

i had a spay in liner done (in my p/u) where i used to work. i hauled everything from moters to wood and it never scraped or pealed, and all of the oils washed out. i am sold on the liners. i have never seen the herculiner, but i am interested in how it looks and if it is as good as the spray in. if you get it sprayed in; stay with black because when the other colors fade (and they will) they will turn colors white to yellow, grey to a lite grey and so forth. you can get it sprayed here for bout $250.00 to $350.00

walrus101

goo goo gaju

5. Boss

Dude,
    Easy, this is how I did both. First I put in the spray in liner(after all the prepping ofcourse). And then after I let it dry for a couple of days, I went out and bought carpet and pad, and measured the truck, cut the carpet and pad to fit, and then I installed the pad and then the carpet right above that, and then screwed in the metal carpet retainers and there you have it: Spary on Bedliner with carpet on top of it. Does that answer your question? If not, then let me know.
    Boss

6. Todd78/87

Todd78/87 1/2 ton status

I just did the same thing,,, stripped the interior,, sprayed it with Dupla Color, then laid in heat shield/ noise deadener, then laid the new carpet over it.

Todd 78/87[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alaska Bound

7. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

remember if you get your liner sprayed:

rhino is sticky, holds stuff in place
    line-x is slick, easy loading and unloading, better strap it down.
    A buddy has linex in his bronco, a little too slick for me, but he armor alls it too.

And about carpet, I have it in my pickup and HATE it. I need an interior you can just hose out which you achieve with the liner. Your choice, my opinion.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    '79 Blazer in progress

8. Boss

Yeah, but I'm talking about putting carpet over the Durabak in my Blazer, not a pickup. I definately wouldn't put carpet in the back of a pickup, soaks up too much water. But for my Blazer, I like the comfort of having carpet in it. The durabak alone would not be right, plus, I think the carpet will protect it too. And by the way, Durabak is definately not slick, it has rubber chips in it, keeps stuff from moving around.
    Boss

9. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

no, that's not what I meant. I just mean carpet in your floor. Spills, mud, ground in dirt, I hate my carpet. Sorry for the confusion. My pickup = carpet in cab, linex in bed.

Bryan

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    '79 Blazer in progress

10. Boss

Laketex,
    Ok, I understand you now. Sorry for the confusion and sorry if I sounded hostile too, didn't mean to either. I get your point though. Later
    Boss