Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

where can i get a carpe kit for my 85

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Whitney, has a few thats where I got mine... They'll send you swatches too...

3. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

JC Whitney.

4. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

6. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Go to auto custom..I had JcWhitney before. I had to do trimming,and the carpet didn't fit that well.Stay away from JcWhitney. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

7. 8BaLL

8BaLL Registered Member

The carpet in my 85 blazer is pretty bad too. I thought of getting a replacement but then the idea of putting rhino lining on the floor caught my attention. what do you guys think of ripping the carpet out and rhino lining the whole floor? i know I would have to take the seats and everything else out and then put the bolts back in so the rhino lining wouldnt fill the holes in. do you think it would work pretty well?

8. 85chevy4x4

85chevy4x4 Registered Member

I bought black carpet for my 85 chevy 3/4 4x4 from LMC. I didn't have to trim at all. It went from the front of the cab to the back. I didn't even have to use adhesive to hold it to the floor.

9. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Not really anything wrong with rhino lining IMO, but you'd never know when the floor rusted out until your foot goes through the floor : )

LMC sells both plastic carpet "replacement" pieces, that cover the floor yet are solid plastic supposedly molded to stock floor pans, so they actually fit right, and they also sell those "trays" that go underneath the drivers and passengers feet, which actually trap the mud and water, etc. A friend had those, they were pretty neat, you could just pick them out, hose them out, and put them back.

Not a big fan of carpet in these trucks, because although all the padding and insulation dampens noise and heat, it also traps any water you track in or that leaks in, and starts rusting.

10. wakedog

wakedog 1/2 ton status

I took my carpet out and herculined the hole floor, and i happen to be putting in my new black carpet from lmc which is made by auto custom carpets, very nice carpet that fits great and is molded to the floor perfectly. I feel safer about rust because of the herculiner so if the carpet gets wet it will sit on the herc. tell its dry. Also the carpet seams to have a plastic like backing on it which gives it the molded shape.

11. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

wakedog, u got it man, thats what i did/am doing, now all i need it $$$ for the carpet /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

12. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

We sell the Nifty Products Proline Replacement Carpet kits - I actually have one in my 87...you can check them out here if you want (this is after I had one installed by them for a catalog photo shoot):
    http://www.autoaccessory.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ExecMacro/product/AutoAccessorycom/prodNiftyframe.d2w/report?prrfnbr=180698&prmenbr=402

It is the front, back and lower door carpet areas...let meknow if you are interested, and I can get you a price with your 15% dicount we give to CK5 guys.../forums/images/icons/smile.gif

13. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

Yeah I rhinolined mine, did the cargo area a little heavier and the tailbate the heaviest, only took the one big gallon sized can. All I have to do is take out the stereo amps and hose the interior.

14. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

You're interior is WAY too clean /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

15. 8BaLL

8BaLL Registered Member

Is it difficult to rhino line your whole floor? How much would I expect to pay someone to do it or should I just do it myself? I was thinking of damn near rhino lining the whole thing even the side walls in the back. Is that a good idea?? Any help will be much appreciated from you guys that have done it before. Oh yeah also I have noticed that my blazer has a wire or two running underneath the carpet. How do you guys run your wires after you have rhino lined your floor and you do not have carpet anymore?

16. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

You forgot to mention the smell, yuck! Some time around 1980 they went goofy in the head and started puttin some kinda contact paper crap up front. It gets holes in and isn't glued the whole way around and rot really builds up under there. I just treated my floor like the rest of thhe body and welded in patches and new subframe in areas. Ground the welds flush and a little filler to make the transitions smoother. Then I hit it with some epoxy primer and morton spray on bed-liner. I even put it on the tailgate and top of the rockers for a little extra protection. If you're gonna put carpet back in then, then I would recommend putting on some coating. Some time in the mid 80's they switched to a galvinized floor pan. I'm not sure if Blazers got it, but pick-ups and Suburban did. Some of your paint will probably be off because it doesnt stick well to gavlined metal if you have it. Rot will be a lesser issue if you do have the galvinized floor.

17. blazentank

blazentank 1/2 ton status

kpanza why is the carpent on the rear wheel hump look all bunched up. are those included in the kits