Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Carpet

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MILOLGJC, Mar 14, 2003.

1. MILOLGJC

MILOLGJC Registered Member

Anybody have some good aftermarket carpet companies. I want to replace the carpet in my 76 K5. Thanks! Web addresses would help /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

I dont have any info with me, but a copany in Tempe az sells complete kits for 220.00 and great quality from 3 people I know who have dealt with them. I f you are real interested pm me and I will look them up for ya. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. scrappy88

scrappy88 1/2 ton status

I got mine from LMC www.lmctruck.com and it was really good quality. They have matching carpeted lower door panels as well if you want to have everything match. It was about $250 for front and rear carpet I think. Might be able to find it cheaper somewhere else.

[​IMG]

4. bpiccioni

bpiccioni 1/2 ton status

Steve

Your carpet looks REALLY good - very tight nap (spelling?)! I wonder if you replaced any of the insulation underneath it? If so, where did you get that and what did you spend? Also, did you go with any sound deadening material?

Ben

5. scrappy88

scrappy88 1/2 ton status

Hey Ben, thanks! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif I did replace all the padding under it as the original padding was rotting. I got that from LMC too. The padding is about 1/2" thick with a foil heat shield on it. Cost $29 for a 4x6' roll. I've seen similar stuff at the local auto parts stores but it's nowhere near as thick as the stuff LMC stocks.

As for sound deadening, I looked into Dynamat but the insane price for that stuff scared me away. I ended up getting this stuff called Polymeric Mastic from McMaster-Carr (part #9709T19) and it's about the same as Dynamat. It's $14 for about a 4x3' sheet and it's adhesive backed. There's a thread over in the audio forum on it here. I used a layer directly on the sheet metal, then put down the carpet padding, and put another sheet of the stuff on top of the carpet padding. It seems to work very well, and the truck is much quieter inside than it was originally. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    -Steve

6. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Check with these guys accmats they where one of our sponcers of BLazer Bash 02.
    Looks like they have some cool stuff.
    Suppport our sponcers.

7. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

lucky for you you live in CA...when i do my carpet in my truck im ganna rhino line it befor i put carpet over it..that way it will help form rot under neath the carpet! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. bpiccioni

bpiccioni 1/2 ton status

Bryan

If I read you right - you WANT rot to form underneath your carpet!!! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Maybe it's late and I should look at this again tomorrow.
    Ben