Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Carpet

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 6.2 man, Apr 9, 2000.

1. 6.2 man

6.2 man 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Hey everybody , I just installed new carpet from LMC in my Blazer . I'm not real happy with the fit . It's about 4 inches narrower than the factory stuff . Where it is noticable is in the back seat area . The factory stuff was tucked up under the side carpet below the interior panels . They sent those great little pieces that go there but the carpet is too short to reach . Now there is a gap between the floor carpet and those little pieces on the sides . Anyone else run across this with LMC carpet ? I was hoping for better than factory workmanship . Anyother ideas on what too do . I spent $199.00 for carpet that doesn't fit well . The back cargo carpet looks great !!

2. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

When i did my balzer i used ACC carpet....had no problems at all except for my dumb ass cutting the hole for the 4x4 shifter in the wrong place....but other than that it fit really well
    Chaz

"whoo my new pic is on the photo page...check it out!!"

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Bought mine from Cheyenne Pickup Parts in Oklahoma, great fit all the way around. Lower door carpets too, as well as got matching carpet to cover my rear side panels with. Maybe you could call LMC, complain, maybe get satisfaction. Not much solace since it appears you did the install already........but worth a try.

'79 - 406 w/IROC TPI - K5#5 - a <font color=orange>sickness[​IMG] <font color=blue>you never get enough of!! [​IMG]

4. Todd78/87

Todd78/87 1/2 ton status

I bought mine from LMC too,, I haven't put it in yet,, just sprayed the inside with Duplacolor about an hour ago,, so I'll let you know when I get around to it.

Todd 78/87[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alaska Bound

5. 6.2 man

6.2 man 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Measured before I installed it . Thought maybe it would work ok . Workmanship is good if not better than factory . The only complaint I have is the gap between the floor and the side pieces .

6. AntAZBlaz

AntAZBlaz 1/2 ton status

I installed my carpet from acc mats and installed a layer of sound deadner, one layer of heat shield(1/3), and a insulation(3/4), and there was also some on the carpet itself (1/2) and it installed fine for me it was just a pain putting the seat belts and other bols back into the floor with all of that cushion in the way.
    anthony
    soon to have picts