Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Carr Light Bar?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by hawglet, Sep 13, 2001.

1. hawglet

hawglet 1/2 ton status

Does anybody have one of the CARR light bars? Likes and dislikes? How about the CARR Rota-light bars? Likes and dislikes? I like the looks of one of the CARR light bars cause it hugs the top pretty close it looks like in the pictures. I don't know how the rota kit works and weather it would be more of a pain or not?

Thanks, (in advance)
    Hawglet
    hawglet@excite.com

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I'm considering one.... I like the idea of the rota if trees are hanging low... just have to get paid now and then I will decide!

9/11/01... "We will overcome"
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html</a>

3. I have a Carr lightbar on my Burb, the conventional kind and it looks great and serves its purpose well. Sucks in the trees, but what doesn't when you're 8 1/2 feet tall?

[​IMG]<font color=red>BigBurb[​IMG]
    <font color=purple>I Like my Burb'n on the ROCKS !!
    <font color=black>Imported to Kentucky through military channels !!

4. hawglet

hawglet 1/2 ton status

does the Rota turn backwards, all of the pics that I have seen have it turned forwrds? I haven't ever seen one other then in pictures though. If it does I think that may be the way I go too.

Thanks, (in advance)
    Hawglet
    hawglet@excite.com

5. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

They turn backward and forward (atleast the ones for Jeeps do)

Special thanks to those lost from IAFF Locals 94 and 854 - You shall never be forgotten
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

6. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

I had a regular one. It served it's purpose, I just got tired of it after a while and took it off. My BIG dislike was that A) it was hard to keep tight and B) since it was hard to keep tight, it rubbed the paint off and started some surface rust on my drip rails.

Like I said, it's in the attic now though

Kyle
    89K5

7. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

I had one. I liked it. The only reason I dont have it anymore is that it got ripped off when I rolled my Jimmy. I will not put one back on though. The light bolts poked through the roof, and the bar damaged the roof pretty bad.

86 Jimmy 4"lift 35"MTRs Other cars 69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

8. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

i have a steele horse one i got at pep boys, an di love it

<font color=red>K5: Because size DOES matter</font color=red>
    85 K5 4IN LIFT 35 GOOD YEAR WRANGLER MT/R, AMERICAN RACING WHEELS