Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Carrier jump jump points

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Sammy, Oct 17, 2001.

1. Sammy

Sammy 1/2 ton status

Does anyone know at what gearing the carrier changed in the 12bolt axle?

And also, anyone know if a 12bolt with full locker can handle 35" tires?

Thanks.

1988 K5 Blazer Silverado Grand GT in the Netherlands. "No it does not fit everywhere overhere, but after one pass through it will fit the next time"

2. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.ring-pinion.com/gear/g1199.html>Here ya go</a>

<font color=green> Too bad ignorance isn't painful </font color=green>

3. Sammy

Sammy 1/2 ton status

Very cool, but what about the second question. Anyone?

1988 K5 Blazer Silverado Grand GT in the Netherlands. "No it does not fit everywhere overhere, but after one pass through it will fit the next time"

4. It should. What will effect that more is the amount of torque the engine develops along with the transmission/tranfer case/rear end gearing.

God has a hard on for Marines, because we keep Heaven chock full of fresh souls!

5. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

I would think so. I am running a full Detroit in my 10-bolt with 4.56s gears. No problems, yet. Of course, ease on the righ foot is the best way to extend the life of diff parts.

Brian
    Check out <a target="_blank" href=http://tx85gmcguy.alloffroad.com>My Jimmy</a> with all her projects!