Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cars again....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by laketex, Oct 5, 2004.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

So what if I didn't want to drop 30K on a toy car for my wife? We have a Olds Achieva that was given us so she does have a dependable D/D. I'll have the crew cab so that's a non issue. So what if we bought a convertible of some type for cash under 5K just for a play toy, go to the lake, sunday driver sort of thing...what would you get and why?

2. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

old MG... drop in an alla aluminum V8 and a nice 6-speed out of a camaro and make it a real nice and real FAST play toy.

Just my .02

-Ryan

3. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

id get a mustang /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

If you can find a Corvette for the price you're willing to pay, get a vette !!!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

get a samurai. I'm sure the older non-FI'd ones are dirt cheap and it'd get good mileage. Plus, if it ever got stuck, you could just hook up a yank strap and pull it out yourself. lol! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

6. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

i vote CJ. a girl my friend works with has a beautifully restored CJ, and its fun to ride in and fun to drive. it really stands out. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i have had a pace car - vett -- see pics---- you can not go anywhere with out hoping it is not stolen ect
    and a mint cj7 with a hot 360 ground up and nice and i whish i had that $$$ back thousands spent

i say get a wrangler new enough to be relaible and old enough so it can get a dent and you will not freakout and better in the walet too

8. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    So what if we bought a convertible of some type for cash under 5K just for a play toy,

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd buy a 75 Blazer.../forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Rene

9. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

My first reaction was to vote for the CJ7. But this will lead to it's own series of problems. Mainly of the type many members here have had with their K5s. They buy a truck to have as a fairly reliable DD, and somehow it ends up with half the sheetmetal it started with and rides about 4 feet higher than when they bought it. And then it ends up in the driveway for a year or so while it undergoes the truggy transformation. CJ's are way too easy to get carried away with, at least for me. I would go for a MGB instead of the Midget. The Midget is waayyy too small of a vehicle!!!