Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cars go through hell for you!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigburban383, Mar 25, 2004.

1. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

I just came from the Chyrsler proving grounds. First we did a tour of the emissions facility. Than the fun begins. We jumped in these Dodge 3500 vans and first went on the 4.7 mile oval track. Our van had the female driver and I was shotty. She took the outside bank and took her hands off the wheel. We were topped out at 105 mph in that huge van. After that we went through every part of the 6 square mile area, from rumble strips to water holes.

Oh, we even took a peek at how jeeps get that "Trail Rated" thing. They have a mini-rubicon too. They have to climb this cobble stone hill first at 60 degrees than it goes too 45 degrees. Let me tell you, this road called the North and South Tortuous roads, it was lumps bumps potholes manhole covers bumps bigger bumps and more humps. They dont slow down ether. They told us some employees got internal bleeding from riding those all day so they sometimes use robot drivers and those even break. I have a new respect for Dodge 3500 vans /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

They have an all day offroad tour in jeeps, my organization is going to try and get that tour.

2. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Doesn't anybody care about robot rights?? /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I'm callin my local chapter of National Association for the Protection and Preservation of Equality for Robots. N.A.P.P.E.R. for short./forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Good luck to y'all.

Allan

3. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

That'd be the coolest job in the world! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif Sounds like fun and really interesting, keep us updated on if you do the 4WD trip /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    That'd be the coolest job in the world!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, internal bleeding is exactly what I like to get when I'm working... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Sorry man, had to.

5. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Doesn't anybody care about robot rights?? /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I'm callin my local chapter of National Association for the Protection and Preservation of Equality for Robots. N.A.P.P.E.R. for short./forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Good luck to y'all.

Allan

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm going to write a letter to OSHA /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif