Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cars with leg/head room

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by tecton, Jan 24, 2004.

1. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

Im a tall feller. 6'9. Im wondering what my options are as far as cars. I want something preferebly awd, fast. The k5 is fine, but i cant pay for 20$ of gas everyday.

I dont really want a HUGE car, but have any other tall people here had expirence with some spacious vehicles?

2. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Good luck when you find one for under 30k that will carry the wife and kids let me know

3. roadhawg

roadhawg 1/2 ton status

not all wheel drive but my dodge intrepid has alot of head/leg room, but im only 6' 6" /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

i like intrepids actually

i drove my friends impreza...granted i had to lay the seat back. Im sure there arent that many cars that moving the seat back a few inches would work

to put this in perspective...my mom has a 2002 mountineer, and if i put on my left turn signal, i have to hold it down cause my knee is in the way

5. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Yeah, those new Mountaineer/Explorers are cramped as hell. Although, my old 92 Explorer fit me with room to spare (I am 6'5" (and fat)). /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I can tell you that you don't want a Miata /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif I'm only 6ft but at 235 it's gets a bit tight in those seats and next to zero leg room. Driving it is , well...not the easiest

7. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]
    thats me 2 years ago.

im taller now

8. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

At 5'4" I really don't see the problem with any of the vehicles listed /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

While its not AWD, I just test drove one of the pre-sales models of the Scion (XB) (Made by toyota).

It gets 30mpg city, 34-35mpg highway.

It looks small and boxy on the outside. But inside, its extremely roomy-. It feels about as tall as the k5 on the inside, just not as wide. Even the back seat is roomy, even with the front seat pushed all the way back.

No haggle dealer pricing ($13200-14000), includes CD player with MP3, Traction control, ABS, power windows, AC, cheaper price is 5 speed, higher price is 4 speed automatic. Seats are sporty, but comphy.

Cons: Great for local driving. Sensitive steering wheel, requires driver to pay some more attention. Interior is pretty noisy, but normal for an econo car.

XA has considerably less room.

10. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

isnt there some car like that from chevy? Aveo...

i wouldnt mind ricing this car somewhat. So if it looks cool then even better.

http://www.chevrolet.com/aveo/

11. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Yep. Thats the same as a Scion Xa. Made by toyoda, with a echo engine. (eep)

12. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

dodge stratus. i had a loaner to go to san diego. i like a small space, and im 6'4''. but i could move the seat all the way back and not touch the pedals.

oh, and i tried to hit the govoner, didnt happen. hit 117 and decided to lay off it.

they move a bit, get good gas mileage and are fun to drive. all i would do would be put some shorter tires and bigger rims on it. might be a factory option. oh, the sound syster is nice as well.
    Grant