Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Carson Trailers, in Califorina

Discussion in 'Tow & Trailer' started by harry, Jun 17, 2004.

1. harry

harry 1/2 ton status

I am new to trailers and do not know much about them.

does anybody have any input on the company?

Carson

2. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have a 24' enclosed race car trailer from them and it's very very nice /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

I have bought 4 or 5 trailers over the years from them.... utility or car type....
    you have to be VERY specific in specing if you are going to have them build you one.... and the quality varies from weldor to weldor.... you used to be able to even buy one with used tire takeoffs to get it cheaply,,,
    I think all in all you can get a good value from them if youre careful
    cam

4. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I have bought 4 or 5 trailers over the years from them.... utility or car type....
    you have to be VERY specific in specing if you are going to have them build you one.... and the quality varies from weldor to weldor.... you used to be able to even buy one with used tire takeoffs to get it cheaply,,,
    I think all in all you can get a good value from them if youre careful
    cam

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah well I went to buy a trailer from one of their dealers, and I found that they use angle iron not box tube or channel for the frame, and their prices are not that great either, and they charge you extra for stuff they are required to have by law after a certain weight rating.
    I still didn't buy but so far I found the best price vs quality has been the PJ trailers.
    Still looking for better deals though.
    /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

5. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

youre right about them using angle instead of tube...
    but Im talking 1200 dollar car 7k car trailers... ok for a light heep... not for k5s.... and they didnt hold what they were specd at... youre also right about everything being an option,,,, its been several years since I bought one of their specials,,, and I knew them "when" they started out...