Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

carter carb adjustment

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ronnny, Mar 3, 2005.

1. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

Nov 22, 2004
    Have a carter carb and once it is warm or even ran for a minute it is fine. If it ran a few hours ago it even starts easy. But when cold outside or even just the motor off for a day or few it is very hard to start. Other than the auto choke on the passenger side like the q-jets have that you loosen the screws and turn a little one way or the other to ajust the choke what do you do to make it start easier? If you hold the butterfly on the front 2 barrels closed it usually starts pretty easy in the first couple tries. Any idea to the problem. I am not the one that has been trying to start this. I have told him like on my q-jet that i pump the gas twice turn it over and if it don't start twice more and it will start or sputter than hit it agian and it will start and idle the most it needs is the wieght of my foot on the pedal from being idled so low. I don't know if he is doing this or not but is having a problem.:confused: