Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Castana, Ia,

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by rick88blaze, Dec 29, 2005.

1. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

Has anyone on here wheeled there? If so, how was it and do you have any pictures? I would really like to hear some more about this place.:D

Rick

2. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Here is their website

http://www.peelout.net

I have not wheeled there yet but hope to now that I have a tow rig. Central Iowa 4 Wheelers has a big event there once a year where you don't have to be a member. Check them out at www.ci4wi.org

3. rick88blaze

I got an email reply from them today. Their annual membership is either $500 or $600. I got 2 emails with both amounts. I don't think I'll be trying to get a membership there.

4. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

Looks like a cool place. At first I thought it might make a nice place to take a week vacation. If I lived closer, it might be worth joining so I could use it regularly.

5. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Ya I read about that place, sounds like a good place. They would probably make as much money if they charged a small daily rate rather then a yearly membership, oh well they are just losing out on my business with way.

6. rick88blaze

I agree. I was talking to one of my wheeling buddies and he said the same thing. If I lived a closer and there was nothing else around I might consider it. They are losing a lot of business by charging like that. There's a lot of us that can't afford that much money at once, but could pay by the weekend as we went up there to camp and wheel.

7. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Yeah, its really quite beautiful down that way too, I have quite a few friends that go down that way to Deer hunt.

Would be a nice place to go camp and relax a couple days