Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

casting number

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by imconfused, Jul 4, 2000.

1. imconfused

imconfused Registered Member

Jun 16, 2000
    I'm trying to find out a little more info about the engine in my '85 K5. The casting number is 10066036 and on the plate behind the alternator is MO322 and 3VP just under that. I checked MORTEC and it stated that it was a Target/Goodwrench crate motor and either 2 or 4 bolt. I was hoping to find out the year and possibly the specs on the engine (torque , HP). This engine also has "hencho en mexico" stamped in both the block and heads.......Aren't parts made in mexico weaker and prone to cracks? Thanks for all the help!!
  2. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

Feb 17, 2000
    I can't tell you what year, etc. your block/heads are but I have indeed heard bad things about the Mexican blocks. Something about poor metal quality controls which makes the metal more prone to failure, ie cracks.

Mud is just thick water, or is it that water is just thin mud?
  3. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Jun 9, 2000
    I heard that to. But i don't think there is any proof to back it up. Probaly the elder 4x4er talking [​IMG]

<font color=blue>If its too loud, your too old.</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Cameron</font color=red> <font color=green>Burnett</font color=green>