Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

casting number??????????????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by shaun, Nov 24, 2003.

1. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

Can anyone tell me what engine this is or what make? block casting number is 4006730-318-15 and the intake casting number is 3830941. Please help my friend got it in the back of a truck he got. It has a chevy firing order with the distributor in the rear but on the right side. Also the 2 center exhaust ports seem almost square but it looks like one corner was cut out? If you find it please tell me where because I have exhausted all my sources. Thank you? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

The block casting number is on the back, top, driver side of the block. The number you gave isn't vaild.. Check here

3. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

thats what I told him but he said that is the number. I havent seen it yet. So I wasnt able to see for myself. I will try and find the right one?

4. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

Alright we looked at the other side of the block and it says 11-17-75 which would be the casting date. I found a bigblock (mopar) with that same number of numbers and the dashes in the same spot and it starts with 400 but it doesnt match the rest. The firing order is 18436572 just like a chevy right?

5. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

found it it is a mopar 318. 4006730 is a 318 casting. Iguess 318 means 318 and i dont know what the 15 is though? I will find out though

6. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Guess that's what I get for assuming it was a CHEVY motor

7. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

I made the same assumption thanks for your help though