Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

casting #'s on BBC 454

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mudrunner78, May 25, 2004.

1. mudrunner78

mudrunner78 1/2 ton status

casting #\'s on BBC 454

ok I have a block with these casting #'s what is it fromI pulled it from a 86 rollback tow truck but I dont think it was orignal.

Block #'s 14015445 HI PERF PASS cast into rear of block

Heads 14081045

Thank you Jesse

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Re: casting #\'s on BBC 454

This was all I found

[ QUOTE ]
    14015445...454.......78-90...2 or 4 bolt

[/ QUOTE ]

3. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Should be a good score, I have a "5445" block and it's 4 bolt. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

14081045...78-87...oval...OPEN...454

5. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

This will help with the date - Moretec

6. mudrunner78

mudrunner78 1/2 ton status

mines definatly a 2 bolt block but theres no ridge in the cylinders. So i am hoping jsut to hone and re-ring and new beearings and hit the road along with of course new cam intake and headers should be plenty of power for me, Jesse

7. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Thats the identical block number that a friend has. He just pulled the motor out of an early '80's motorhome.

8. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

What a coincidence!~my freind just scored a 454 long block with the exact same casting number--I just looked it up for him on one of googles links.His is a 4 bolt though.The listings said that #is a factory replacement block for light duty (1/2 to 1 ton)trucks.This motor was a steal,he got it for 100 bucks when another mechanic at a garage near him had put this engine in for a customer(it was a rebuilt long block)and the customer complained it had strange noises intemittently for a year.The mechanic called the rebulder,and they honored the warranty,and sent him another engine,and he installed it,six months later he called them back and asked when they were going to pick up the "defective"motor--they said it was too far away to send a truck just to pick it up(we dont know why they didnt take it the same day the replacement arrived,truck driver said "I dont haul cores!)--so they told him to KEEP it!.Wish I heard about it first! /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif The listing I got said it was used between 1975 and 1990,could be 2 or 4 bolt mains.Unforunately,there is no codes in the usual spot in front of the right head,it was either never stamped or ground off when it was decked during the rebiuld.Sounds like you got a good score too! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    mines definatly a 2 bolt block but theres no ridge in the cylinders. So i am hoping jsut to hone and re-ring and new beearings and hit the road along with of course new cam intake and headers should be plenty of power for me, Jesse

[/ QUOTE ] If you're rebuilding, you may want to consitter there. You'd need to have it line bored, but I like the idea of splayed caps. [​IMG]