Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cat Back System for an 82?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Smitty, Nov 18, 2000.

1. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

Does anyone know if Flowmaster makes a Cat Back system for an 82? If so, does anyone have a part # and source? I put one of their systems on my F150 and have to say it was probably the easiest exhaust system I've ever put on. I bought it through Summit but don't see one listed for an 82 fullsize.

Smitty

2. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

correct me if I'm wrong.. but an 82 shouldn't have a cat converter.. Mine doesn't .. I've been underneath it alot lately...
    My 83 is running true duals with Flowmasters.. and again, no catalytic converter on it either.

http://www.rocko.coloradok5.com

3. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

Mine does but it's got the California package on it. I'd be surprised if someone put it on of their own free will, but you never know. Seems like it comes out in this state then everyone else gets stuck with it later on down the road.

Smitty

4. FWP

FWP CRS

Why not just have a shop do it for ya? Get rid of the old cat, and put a newer version on it. Headers at the same time? might save some some bucks, if you're planning on it later.

<font color=blue>Maverick</font color=blue> <font color=red>CH 4 or 35</font color=red>

5. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

Found that I can't legally install the exhaust system that I want while I'm stationed here in CA. Figured I'd do the best I can until I pull a base somewhere else.

Smitty

6. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

Hey all,
    Tell me if I'm just misinformed, but didn't the all the chevy trucks get cats about '75 ?? Rocko- Have you got passed emissions with out cats ? I've got an '82 and it came with a cat on it (not anymore) but I thought i needed one !
    Blake

7. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

I bought the truck a month ago. It had flowmaster mufflers on it over a year ago. And the inspection sticker on the windshield is good til December of this year.
    So I'm assuming it passed without a problem. I'll sure find out next month.

http://www.rocko.coloradok5.com

8. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I know this works for the late '70s, but if it had duals from the factory, no cats. if it was single, it had cats. The way to tell is to see if there is an exhaust hanger riveted to the frame near the back. part of the hanger might have broken off, but part of it is still probably there. Like I said, I don't know if this applies to later years in the '80s.

90K5