Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cat back

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by James90, Jul 13, 2000.

1. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

do any of you have a flowmaster cat back dule exaust today I got a pric on one installed for 200 how dose that sound and do they work good and what about a high flow cat?

Thanks

[​IMG]Go prepared

I have a Shotgun a Rifle and a 4WD(K5) and Country Boy Can Survive!!!!

2. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

I have two Flowmaster 40 series, H-pipe after the transfer case, side exiting pipes. Everything 2.5" $100 installation (on a cheap-hand-labor-country)

<font color=blue>//////
    http://blazer79.coloradok5.com
    </font color=blue>[​IMG]

3. 1TUFF89

1TUFF89 1/2 ton status

About two weeks ago I did a post when I got my high-flow cat installed. I bought a universal CarSound high-flow cat from truckperformance.com for about $80 after shipping costs. I already had a 40 series Flowmaster muffler installed last year with duals running out behind each rear tire. After the new high-flow cat was installed it really made the Flowmaster muffler perform to its peak level. It sounds great!! There is no hesitation when I hit the gas. It GOES!! Best thing for a V8 is to let it breath!! The local muffler shop cut my stock cat off (boy, was that thing heavy and ugly!!), installed my universal one, and had to add about a 16" piece of 3" inch pipe between the cat and the Flowmaster muffler. I think he charged me 40 bucks. It's definitely worth the $$$.

CHEVY - "THE HEARTBEAT IS GETTING LOUDER"