Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cat Stephen's Greatest Hits *DELETED*

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dremu, Sep 29, 2004.

1. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Cat Stephen\'s Greatest Hits *DELETED*

Post deleted by dremu

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Re: Cat Stephen\'s Greatest Hits

Boooooooo.... /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

3. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Cat Stevens was a damn good artist and performer in the day.
    Just because he decided to change his religion over to Islam doesnt make him a bad guy. From what I can tell he does practise the real Islam religion, not the fanatic stuff these wacko's try to hide under the religion. Willing to bet your friend wasnt even alive when Stevens was touring in the 70's /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

4. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Just because he decided to change his religion over to Islam doesnt make him a bad guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but getting deported for having connections to a known terrorist group kinda makes you think twice, doesn't it?

/forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

5. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Hmmmmmm, somehow I don't find any humor or even anything positive about using a picture oh hundreds of folks dying, (the instant the plane hit). I think it is in very bad taste to make it or repeat it.

6. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    No, but getting deported for having connections to a known terrorist group kinda makes you think twice, doesn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

The I still havent seen anything that ties him to a terrorist group and it would be nice if they posted a list of all these terrorist groups so the common-folk would know who they are to make sure they are not somehow supporting one unknowngly. Didnt the government let him in the country a couple months before??

I guess the real issue is does Stevens "Knowingly" know that he supports terrorist groups. When you make a donation to the United Way or Red Cross or Sierra Club etc do you actually know where your money is going ?? I guess by paying taxes to the government which sends money to the CIA who sends people, money and weapons to Osama Bin Laden to fight the Soviets who then use that training, money and weapons to attack America makes us all affiliated with a terrorist group.

Dont get me wrong...I think protection of America is number one, how its being done concerns me. Im more concerned about the completly un-controlled Mexico border and the millions of illegals in this country that the government doesnt know about and the ease at which these people can get in and when they are caught they're not deported. Why dont they put every known gang member in this country on a terrorist list and make the everyday safety of American people better? Theres more cold-blooded murderers roaming the streets of america (I believe) then are trying to get into this country to cause us harm. You see that for a fact on the daily news. If I was a terrorist wanting to get in this counrty im walking in via Mexico with the thousand of others cuz I know they're watching the airlines instead.

If Stevens knows he has ties, kick his ass out. To be flagged as a terrorist supporter without knowledge of it is a different story.

Just my opinion..

7. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

You are right about being real easy to get into our Country. I watched a show on those Container ships. 1000's of those Containers are unloaded each day with very few getting inspected.