Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

catalytic converter install help quick!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by seslick77, Oct 7, 2002.

1. seslick77

seslick77 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gifPut my cats on today... Drivers side was easy, lots of room. Pass. side not so easy, the t-case is in the way. (using dual exhaust from diesel i used to have) Anyway the pass. side cat. I had to mount at a 45 degree angle for clearance. Fired the truck up and drivers side just fine..Pass. side cat. starts glowing and smokin bad!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Do these things need to be mounted flat?? Or do I have a problem somewhere else? ie too much fuel..

Anybody got a good pic where there stock one is mounted so I'm in the general area? I know they are on the drivers side, but that way I get em even under the truck to keep the emissions people happy.

Thanks, Sam /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. mattyblazer

mattyblazer 1/2 ton status

Is the cat used? red usually means its at the end of its lifespan/ clogged

Matt

3. seslick77

seslick77 1/2 ton status

No!! Just came off the UPS truck today!!