Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CatBack for an 84 - is there such a thing?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Pugsley, Apr 20, 2002.

1. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

After losing my pride and joy (atleast it went to a relative, so I can visit from time to time) to the smog Nazis, I want to make sure to keep them happy - I've got a hole in the existing muffler, and the tailpipes aren't too beautiful (post-dance wheeling adventure during high school/forums/images/icons/wink.gif) So, to make a long story short, is there an off the shelf catback out there that anyone knows of?

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

LMC truck sells one for trucks, I'm sure they've got one in the K5 catalog. www.lmctruck.com

Dynomax sells a cat-back through Summit and Jegs too. They've got a no-cat dual kit, and a cat-back single system.

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Try this. Get the muffler that you want and take it to a good muffler shop and have them do the pipe. Thats what I did on mine. After I put on my headers I got the mufflers I wanted and had the local muffler guy bend and install the pipe. I told him I wanted the pipes all tucked up for ground clearence and that was just what I got plus it was tight and looked good and the pipe was aluminized. I have seen several cat-back systems that didnt look so hot cause the were supposed to fit several veicals. I got mine done for $275 that coverd the tubeing and the labor.

4. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

gibson makes a catback system for our blazers also.

5. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Thanks all - I'll check with Gibson. Dynomax only lists an app for the trucks, so it looks like it'll be Gibson, or custom. Hopefully I can figure out a way to slip true duals (with cats) by the eco-police.

6. BillyBob

BillyBob 1/2 ton status

I got a flowmaster from some guy on CK5, a catco 3" cat from summit, and took it to midas to get a 3" y-back done. $250 for the pipes and bending, $50 for the cat, and around $30 for the barely used muffler. And it was definately worth it /forums/images/icons/smile.gif