Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Catback suggestions for 98 Camaro??

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by SlyDog, Aug 24, 2004.

1. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

I have a 3.8 98 Camaro. I know I know...its not a V8...but unless you wanna pay my insurance, shush /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I'm lookin at the Flowmaster American Thunder series catback for improved gas mileage + better performace + sound + looks. I can get the whole set up + installation for about 400. Anyone have any experience with this or any other suggestions on a comparable or better option?!? Thanks !

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Just about any of them will be an improvement over stock flow wise , they all just have different looks or sound as far as I'm concerned /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

BTW Did you turn 18 yet so we can hook up and race ( when I don't have a blown transfercase ) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Yea, I'm gettin a nice bonus at work that I'm putting towards this exhaust and it will hopefully be ready to go right before the races /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif My bday is 9/8, so close /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I have a 3.8 98 Camaro. I know I know...its not a V8...but unless you wanna pay my insurance, shush /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Find yourself a good used 350 (V-8) for it. Just don't tell your insurance company.

5. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Yea, thats the plan for the future! But I was researching it and don't you need a new transmission and some other small odds and ends?

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Yea, thats the plan for the future! But I was researching it and don't you need a new transmission and some other small odds and ends?

[/ QUOTE ]Depends on if you want too keep the factory computer or not. Personally, I'd loose it. If you can find a wrecked car cheap enough for a donor car, that can save you quite a bit of money.

7. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

By the time you get around to wanting to do it , I bet you end up just trading it in . You won't have time to work on it soon . Wheelin season is coming

8. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

I'll keep my eyes open for wrecked cars but its my DD /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif My friends think I already have a problem wanting to modify any vehicle within my site /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif Amen to wheeling soon...My truck should be rolling in a week or so whenever I get my wheels back!! (And Paul...I hope your ready to race soon...I've been practicing my launches /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif)